• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Well, Nelson Samedo sounds like an Antipodean hop variety, so I say sign him up.

Semedo would be great. I'd take him or Sergi Roberto.

If we were legitimately in for Cancelo don't see any reason why we wouldn't be for Semedo

Semedo is a Gestifute client too.

Looks like he is joining Atlético
Yeah seen that. He does fit the Simeone profile and with Rodri leaving there's definitely a space in the squad for him but I don't think he's quite good enough for them.

We're quite rationally discussing whether a player would join Wolves or Atletico Madrid. I can't be the only one on the Forum who think he'll wake up one morning to find us aiming for the play-offs in League One, excited about getting a snotter on loan from Wigan and Dean Saunders/Jez Moxey still in charge...

We're quite rationally discussing whether a player would join Wolves or Atletico Madrid. I can't be the only one on the Forum who think he'll wake up one morning to find us aiming for the play-offs in League One, excited about getting a snotter on loan from Wigan and Dean Saunders/Jez Moxey still in charge...

You are not the only one - changes in fortune this quick are not good for my metabolism, but will take it as have waited many years to be this competative at the top level.

We have (it would appear) a stable platform to move forwards as well (which wasn't the case the last time we were here)

Oddly my Dad did most League 1 games home and away, and has barely been since, including under Fosun. I think it must have took it out of him, or maybe he prefers crap football.

Linked to Rondon. He has a £16.5m buyout clause.

Everyone will get linked to him with that price. I would be pretty happy with him in the squad. A useful addition

That'd be the first transfer between us and them in a quarter of a century. I like Rondon, I question whether he's mobile enough for us though.

That'd be the first transfer between us and them in a quarter of a century. I like Rondon, I question whether he's mobile enough for us though.

its two fold

1. He is Necastles top scorer. I don't know if they have first dibs?
2. He would be signed as second fiddle so its cups, early rounds and Raul back up and he may want something more than that.

A decent shout would be a swap for Traore? He is more likely to succeed in the Championship and may be good up top with Gayle or Rodriguez?

its two fold

1. He is Necastles top scorer. I don't know if they have first dibs?
2. He would be signed as second fiddle so its cups, early rounds and Raul back up and he may want something more than that.

A decent shout would be a swap for Traore? He is more likely to succeed in the Championship and may be good up top with Gayle or Rodriguez?

W**t B**m will be looking to cut their wage bill as the parachute payments are falling. They didn't sign £18m players whilst in the Premier League so they certainly won't be signing them now.

1) Swap deals almost never happen
2) Albion couldn't afford his wages
3) He isn't a striker anyway
4) Gayle isn't Albion's player
5) It's a release clause anyway, about half the price of Raul, good value and Albion don't have a say in the matter

Bargain at price. More of a physical presence than Raul but not as good technically. Wouldn’t say there was much In it in the mobility stakes.

From what I've read, Ashley is still not minded to make the money available for Newcastle to buy him, even at that bargainous release clause. They had hoped to use Gayle as a makeweight, but as Deutsch says - if we offer £16.5m then we've triggered the clause and Albion will have no say in the matter. It will all depend then on (i) whether Newcastle match the release clause and, (ii) if so, what the player wants to do.

I'd take him in a heartbeat - every time I've seen him this season, he's impressed me and he seems to have got better as the season has gone on. We have no real competition for the front two in our squad and if we're going to stick with 3-5-2 then we need at least one, probably two (depending on Ennis' development) additional players capable of playing in a front two.

Back