• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Collymore is bigging up Neves to Liverpool. If you dismiss the clickbait potential that doesn't make a lot of sense. If they have a weakness it's not having a more forward thinking central midfielder who Keita was supposed to be. They should go and get Coutinho back, Neves isn't what they need.
When did we last listen to Stanley Collymore?

Monaco are still in serious relegation danger with two matches left to play in Ligue 1.

If they go down they have a lot of players that will likely be linked to dozens of clubs (including us), but I wonder if the experience of this season won't have a lasting effect on some of them?

Fair point but I still think they will survive. If they do it becomes a bit more moot. Who were you thinking of? A number of their squad are a bit too old or expensive now especially in areas such as Raul back up or Costa replacement. Jemerson at Centre back for Bennett? Martins for Costa but he is a 20m plus player?

I would almost certainly take Gelson Martins, and of course, he will know Patricio well. He's on loan from Athletico, but we have a link there. He's more of a wide player but would be an obvious step up on Costa/Cav, and would perhaps allow us to switch back to the two wide players and one central striker if required (although I would rather we go out and sign players who can play in our now preferred formation). Which leads me nicely on to Willem Geubbels. He's young & raw but looks like he'll be some player. He could quite easily come in to the squad as back up to Raul in the front two. Cost Monaco £20m a year ago, but hasn't featured much this season.

Absolutely scandalous that they're 17th in that league with the squad they have.

Which leads me nicely on to Willem Geubbels. He's young & raw but looks like he'll be some player. He could quite easily come in to the squad as back up to Raul in the front two. Cost Monaco £20m a year ago, but hasn't featured much this season.

Is this the same player who has played 27 minutes of football all season and been out since December with a series of injuries?

Is this the same player who has played 27 minutes of football all season and been out since December with a series of injuries?

Yes it is, he's effectively been out with injuries since August. Doesn't bode well for a 17 year old.

Marca has reported that there is interest in Nelson Semedo from the PL and Serie A and he's considering his options.

Could we be bold enough to bid and get him?

Marca has reported that there is interest in Nelson Semedo from the PL and Serie A and he's considering his options.

Could we be bold enough to bid and get him?

Jeff Shi -

“By my personal experience, it takes time. We have to be patient and we are not just trying to buy the best players in the world, it doesn’t work like that, we have to be patient and wait for the right deal to happen. When we are talking about the right deal, it means the player wants to come to us, and also the club he’s at now wants to sell him or loan him.

“But it doesn’t only depend on us, it’s depending on the market, but currently we are at a better position than the last season. To be honest, in the last season when we were just promoted, I felt some players didn’t want to come because ‘Oh, you’re just promoted, maybe you will go down again’.

“Now we have shown that we can be very competitive in the Premier League, and we have also beaten many strong teams which makes the club more attractive to the top players in the world. We have a top coach and a top team, so I think the job will be easier to us, but because we are already here, the requirement for the quality of the players will be higher.”

I loved reading Shi's interview from a day or two ago. Reading between the lines above, I would say someone like Semedo is exactly the type of player we will try and bring in this summer. The player himself has to want the move as well, though. It sounds like he's slightly unsettled because he thinks he should be first choice.

He would be a fantastic signing and as much as I think Doc has been fantastic this season he isn't Nelson Semedo.

Back