• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

This, that Liverpool game is somewhat of an outlier which is interesting because it was the first game we really played with that system, so I wonder what Nuno adapt it.

And all of this.

Maybe I don’t go to enough games - I try my best.
Well if you will choose that silly college course you wasted your time with, nothing like a proper education on the terraces youth!

Ha, you spoke too soon. I’ll just keep my opinion to myself next time. How dare I challenge someone who has a season ticket’s opinion!

It’s not opinion though is it, it’s fact and it’s interesting to talk about. Dendoncker plays to the right of the 3 and links up with Doc and Jimenez down that side. Moutinho starts on the left but covers more ground because he is the one that initiates the press and quite often will run from left to right to do that and then obviously his corner taking will take him over to the right side for a little while. Just to add some weight behind what you said and me agreeing, i’ve been to every game this season.

Perhaps everyone is right. That article is dated 1 March. Have we been using Donck slightly differently since then? The 'season' heat map looks very defensive, yet he seems to pop up in the opposition's penalty area quite often. (Also, the fact that our FA Cup run apparently ended at Bristol City makes me wonder whether the writer has the correct team, never mind player.)

Amusingly, I think they are both right.

Dendoncker is box to box, but he does it primarily to the right of the centre spot
Moutinho is to the left, but not quite so up and down. He is pressing the ball higher up the pitch.
Neves then sweeps up everything behind.

Amusingly, I think they are both right.

Dendoncker is box to box, but he does it primarily to the right of the centre spot
Moutinho is to the left, but not quite so up and down. He is pressing the ball higher up the pitch.
Neves then sweeps up everything behind.

I mean this is what I have said all along!!

Ruben definitely is the deepest of the three in and out of possession with Joao and Donck either side of him but slightly ahead of him too

Donck plays to the right, working up and down on that side. He gets into the “half-spaces” (for want of a better word) really well down that side which is why he combines well with Doc and Raul. He also defends that side fantastically.

Moutinho doesn’t necessarily play as advanced as Leander sometimes, and drifts over slightly to get on the ball or deeper to get it from a defensive player. Defensively he still does the job to the left of the three too.

What you originally said was the precise tactical analysis (well in my head it is). So not sure why it was vehemently disagreed with

Last edited:
I didn’t really dispute that either haha!

Having read through the discussion, yes it is. And anyone not recognising that is choosing to not recognise it in order to argue and point score. Shame. You've contributed some good posts to the thread, don't be put off by one person being obnoxious.

You and I are seeing the same thing then!

But what I mean also is that Booz's first assertion that Dendoncker is box to box was also right too.

Yes. And I have no objection to his different interpretations of Leander’s role to be honest. More the tone of his post I guess (which isn’t the end of the world either)

Spiers is trolling YW
e9efc81ed31515066608dfe85e7c73ce.jpg

Collymore is bigging up Neves to Liverpool. If you dismiss the clickbait potential that doesn't make a lot of sense. If they have a weakness it's not having a more forward thinking central midfielder who Keita was supposed to be. They should go and get Coutinho back, Neves isn't what they need.

Coutinho wouldn't fit in any better now than when he was sold, doesn't fit their formation or the ethos of a Klopp team. Having Oxlade-Chamberlain back should make a big difference for them in terms of legs from midfield, Milner needs sidelining now but Henderson had some decent games when moved from that central holding role and they'll be hoping Keita has a better 2nd season.

Monaco are still in serious relegation danger with two matches left to play in Ligue 1.

If they go down they have a lot of players that will likely be linked to dozens of clubs (including us), but I wonder if the experience of this season won't have a lasting effect on some of them?

Back