• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leo Bonatini

Is he good enough?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DONiie5WAAE4er2.jpg:large

Leo is 23 so is not exactly at his peak yet, loads of time to improve and he gives me the impression that he has the right attitude to do that. great to see him get a deserved award.

He has missed a couple of easy ones and scored a couple of easy ones as well.

I guess we are not used to our strikers having 2 or 3 decent chances a game. Spent 2 seasons watching them struggle to get 3 decent chances over 3 games.

And missing those pmsl!

I see what Dino means. And agree with the fancast, then. I watch him and wonder how he has so many goals. But he does. Saying "an eye for goal" or something rather than "clinical" which can be measured by stats, might have produced less discussion ha. I would say Jota has that more myself.

For all the talk of the chances Leo has missed, i am struggling to remember many significantly easy chances he has missed?

Two that spring to mind

*Put through against Barnsley and he screwed his effort wide - fairly easy chance
*Put through against Norwich away, and he knocked his effort wide of the far post - medium difficulty chance.

There are more but those are the 2 that spring to mind, what other significant chances has he missed?

For all the talk of the chances Leo has missed, i am struggling to remember many significantly easy chances he has missed?

Two that spring to mind

*Put through against Barnsley and he screwed his effort wide - fairly easy chance
*Put through against Norwich away, and he knocked his effort wide of the far post - medium difficulty chance.

There are more but those are the 2 that spring to mind, what other significant chances has he missed?

QPR away?

A few that some describe as easy chances have been far from easy. A couple where he should have maybe hit the target and tested the keeper

Derby away he should've put it in after Jota hit the post.

Perhaps should have done better with Doherty's cross vs Fulham. Not exactly "easy" though, it was travelling.

Perhaps should have done better with Doherty's cross vs Fulham. Not exactly "easy" though, it was travelling.

The header? Would say that was just a couple of inches to high for him to connect properly

Relevant to this thread, I thought.

None of them from outside the box.

#useless

Slow in thought and pace. Good control links play well, butstands around instead of getting inn

the box. He is very slow to react

Reading this thread back is fun. This comment is especially funny given the graphic Deutsch just posted.

He was pretty unknown though and sometimes people edge more towards fence sitting as they don't want to over do it!

I reckon by season end there'll be a few wild suggestions of which striker we might sign next on here :D. But not Ronnie...

He's made me eat crow and then some. Long may it continue.

I still don't understand how this guy ended up in the Saudi league!

Sad to say I think Leo's time at wolves is coming to an end. I loved him first half of the season, pure class and was the key part of our team. Most of the reason we haven't looked as potent going forward since xmas is his lack of form.

Not sure if he's not fit, or if he's just been found out, but thanks for everything Leo and best of luck

I'd rather sign Leo for £5m than Afobe for 10, but sadly if it were down to me I wouldn't sign either unless we thought we could flip them straight away for a profit.

Back