• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leo Bonatini

Is he good enough?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What really goes against signing him is that he's not going to be a regular starter next season, and he isn't the sort of striker who you'd bring on to change a game and get you a goal.

Afobe is more so, and I expect us to sign him permanently, but only alongside a marquee signing up top a la Silva.

His goal scoring tally certainly contains plenty of luck. If we are going to use that as a stick to beat Clarke with then the same applies for Leo, who is playing in a far better team. From when I’ve seen Leon his build up play has looked ok FWIW for a player considered a good L1 player.

Bonatinis goals against Bristol, Cardiff, Preston are balls that have just hit him and he’s semi reacted. Chuck in a penalty against Preston and then unmissable’s against Blues, Bolton and Burton. That’s 2/3s of his goals. Fulham, Norwich, QPR, Boro and Villa are good finishes though.

What really goes against signing him is that he's not going to be a regular starter next season, and he isn't the sort of striker who you'd bring on to change a game and get you a goal.

Afobe is more so, and I expect us to sign him permanently, but only alongside a marquee signing up top a la Silva.

I think you're right. Zohore would be a good signing looking at him last night. Leo has done ok at times but has flattered and it appears he would not be good enough for the prem. Take Afobe and Zohore plus one other.

The fact that we are lacking in a permanent senior striker (not sure Mir counts) does count in Leo's favour. At least he's a known quantity and I think we will sign one of him or Afobe for that reason, but Benik has to be in the box seat atm.

Depends how much Bournemouth want for him - if they are looking to as a minimum recoup what they paid for there may be better value elsewhere

I'd like to see a decision made with regards Leo as soon as promotion is wrapped up. Then leave him out of the squad and give Mir a chance off the bench instead.

Class may be permanent, but so is a lack of pace. Leo is a lovely bloke, and I wish him nothing but the best, but there is no point signing him unless we are going to make an instant profit, by moving him on

To those that advocate signing Afobe, let's say hypothetically our budget for the Summer is £80m. £25m of that will go on Jota and Boly. In addition most people want an upgrade on between 3&6 of the following:
Keeper
Centre Mid
Centre Forward
Centre Half
Wing Back x2
I don't think there is the budget to spend £10m on a reserve forward

Depends what we bring in. Bet you we get £5m or so for Danny Batth, for instance.

I wouldn't sign Afobe, he boils my piss.

I would also bet a fairly large amount our budget won't be £80m. More like double that as an absolute minimum.

Poor Leo last night with that one chance where Afobe layed him on, his first touch was heavy forcing him wide but almost redeemed himself with an attempt from a very tight angle which was a millimetre away from a goal and would have been an excellent one too. Clever thinking from Leo though

Fingers crossed Colin and his team of twats will let this slip and then we can sign Zohore.

If we did have £10m to spend on a reserve forward, I'd sign Zohore or Rodriguez before Afobe

Jay Rodriguez? Nah, he's had it.

I'd say keeping Afobe wouldn't be bad but I'd be flabbergasted if he's first choice in September.

Leo can go back to Al-Ahly; unfortunately he just looks broken. Feel for him but he'll get a champions medal and he played a crucial part for us.

I actually think he's a reasonable footballer and his attitude is right, but his finishing is beyond woeful so it's a no.

Weird, I remembered you proper hating him!

He's probably on the way to MLS anyway.

Back