• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leo Bonatini

Is he good enough?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unless they sell one of Grealish, Chester or Adomah, Villa won't be spending £5m on anyone. If Batth had played the games Bennett has this season I think we'd get the £5m, for those he has I think it'll be more like 3. Also worth noting we won't price him out of a move either given his stature at the club. I hope we've won the league before the Sheffield Wednesday game and he starts that.

Was more reference to the fact that decent teams at this level would be interested without looking specifically into their financial situations.

Somewhere between £3-5m for Batth would be fair. And yes, we are not going to Stand in his way. That would be no good for us or him. Hopefully get it money back on Miranda too and then one quality CB addition Should see us covered with Bennett and Hause backup and Saiss in a crisis.

This discussion kicked off because there were doubts on whether we'd want to spend £10m of our budget on Afobe (and as I say, I wouldn't) but we will bring funds in this summer.

Iorfa
Zyro
Gladon
Nazon
Graham
Oniangue
Batth
Ebanks-Landell
Marshall
Ofosu-Ayeh
Miranda

Are all players who are possible permanent departures (and you never know, there could be a further surprise or two along the way if we judge that they've served their purpose and an offer is too good to turn down), you're not going to get earth shattering fees for any of them but it all adds up.

This discussion kicked off because there were doubts on whether we'd want to spend £10m of our budget on Afobe (and as I say, I wouldn't) but we will bring funds in this summer.

Iorfa 1m
Zyro 500k
Gladon paid off free
Nazon 250k
Graham 500k
Oniangue 1m
Batth 3m
Ebanks-Landell 250k
Marshall 1.5m
Ofosu-Ayeh paid off free
Miranda 1m

Are all players who are possible permanent departures (and you never know, there could be a further surprise or two along the way if we judge that they've served their purpose and an offer is too good to turn down), you're not going to get earth shattering fees for any of them but it all adds up.

Had a guess above, 9m, so more or less an Afobe.

I think we may get more than that for Marshall. We only got him as cheap as we did because he was in the final five months of his deal at Blackburn, he's gone to Millwall and done a fantastic job for them. They might not be able to afford more than £1.5m (if they stay down) but someone else can. Still only 27 as well.

That’s probably the very conservative end of the scale.

We’d get way more than that for Marshall. He’s a critical part of Millwalls promotion run. Depending on how well Prince doing in France you’d hope we’d get someone to pay us our money back for him. Same for Miranda.

Take what you can get for Gladon, EEL, Nazon, Iorfa and Graham. But it’s going to be more than the £2.25m you expect.

Could do with Graham going somewhere and having a decent 6 months to prove his value.

Plus I don’t think we will be getting rid of Phil. As far as I’m aware he’s a career crock like Silvio or Mouyokolo, so he should be able to come back fully fit next year and have a pre season to prove himself

you're not going to get earth shattering fees for any of them but it all adds up.

I can think of only one player and whilst nobody has contemplated it what happens if a top club comes in with £50m+ for Neves?

I can think of only one player and whilst nobody has contemplated it what happens if a top club comes in with £50m+ for Neves?
Don't think any would before he's had a kick in the Prem tbf.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Don't think any would before he's had a kick in the Prem tbf.

What about all of the players bought year in, year out who've never kicked a ball in the Prem?

What about all of the players bought year in, year out who've never kicked a ball in the Prem?
Most of them don't come from a 2nd tier league.

There's never been a player of Neves' class in this league.

Most second tier players haven't recently captained Porto in the Champions League, nor are they about to be included in the reigning European Championship holders' squad for a World Cup.

I don't think he'll go though.

There only two ways Neves leaves, both are unlikely. The first is we don't go up, the second is he gets into Portugal's first 11 and has a stormer of a World Cup.

If we sold Neves in the summer (which I hope we won't) I'd be disappointed if we accepted less than £40m for him.

Neves isn't going anywhere next season.

When the possible neves sale has cropped up before,I've said I don't think he'd go,he's got regular first team football here,having a team built around him,seems to be settled and happy,or he can go warm the bench at City,Utd or Chelsea and waste a couple of years

I would really be surprised if Neves left in the summer if we are promoted. He is an integral part of a newly promoted club, a club showing ambition and willing to invest in young hungry talented players in an effort to increase the brand and establish wolves as a premier league team. As Keef says he could play 30 odd games a season with us or warm the bench at a top 6 team. He would be 40m plus now too.

I also think that the list of targets is already drawn up and there are 2 or three on the list that would exceed the Afobe 10m.

Late to the party but it's painful watching Leo right now however i think it's all down to fatigue and fitness. Coming to this league from the league he did with no pre season caught up with him after his early season form and once that goes it's not coming back any time soon. His touch is dreadful and that's one of the first things that go when players get tired. Personally i don't think he should play again this season and i honestly don't know whether we should sign him next season or not because even if we do we need 2 other strikers.

I think Jota has suffered with something similar too.

Diogo has looked a bit worn down, especially just before his injury, but he has still produced moments of absolute brilliance and contributed a lot in the second half of the season. He will be so much better for it next season too. I'm so excited about him playing in the Premier League.

I suppose it depends how much Nuno rates Leo, whether we sign him permanently or not. I'd have no problem hm being in our squad next season but it wouldn't be the end of the world I suppose, and we will spend fairly big on a striker I reckon.

I think for £5m he's probably worth another season as, like Liam Neeson, he has a specific set of skills.

Whether he'll be happy on the bench or out of the squad entirely on a regular basis is another thing entirely.

Back