• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton 2-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Toti's 5th yellow of the season by my count so he'll be suspended for Palace. Just as well as Bueno and Dawson should be the partnership.

RAN joins Semedo and J.Gomes on 4 yellows and 1 away from a suspension.
Nope just checked and he's on 4 must have miscounted sorry. That's 4 of them all on that now though.

Just got in after being out all day, not able to follow the game. Saw the result and thought, "not bad". Then I read the match thread, oh dear.
Even losing I think he would have been given the next 2 games, don't think this result changes that, he needs 2 wins. 1 win, 1 draw might save him but we're just kicking the can down the road.
It seems as though Gary has 2 tactics, banzai attacking and pressing or 8 behind the ball and hope for a bit of magic. It's just not sustainable.

Wolves boss Gary O'Neil, speaking to Sky Sports:
"I'm a little bit disappointed with myself really that I started with a five [at the back]. I know we did well with a five against Manchester City and the lads deserved another go at it.

"But I didn't think a five would fit very well against Brighton today but at least we were quick enough to change it at half-time.

"At 85 minutes when Brighton scored their second goal I thought I was going to be stood here answering some more tough questions.

"The players have given an awful lot and if they keep doing that it cannot continue to go against you."

"I'm a little bit disappointed with myself really that I started with a five [at the back]. I know we did well with a five against Manchester City and the lads deserved another go at it.

"But I didn't think a five would fit very well against Brighton today
So WHY THE FUCK DID YOU DO IT MAN.

Ridiculous thing to say.

Palace have only conceded 11 this season so far , impressive for a team that far down the table , they have only scored 5 mind you .

Ridiculous thing to say.
It's not just the things he says that are ridiculous, it's the things he does that are mystifying.
We are bottom of the table and he makes a decision like that "because the lads deserved another go at it". Idiot.

"But I didn't think a five would fit very well against Brighton today but at least we were quick enough to change it at half-time.

"At 85 minutes when Brighton scored their second goal I thought I was going to be stood here answering some more tough questions.

"The players have given an awful lot and if they keep doing that it cannot continue to go against you."
Unbelievable :ROFLMAO:

He just doesn’t help himself, does he?

Ridiculous thing to say.
Madness, youre head coach of a premier league side. You are paid to make tough, big decisions. It isn’t Sunday league where joe bloggs turns up every week so you have to give him a game.

If you are annoyed at yourself for going 5 atb like you did (more an issue of how we played it tbf) you don’t come out and say that. Fool

Pretty sure I heard him say, ‘some of it was on me’ on 5live, he’s seriously deluded.

“I know there'll be a lot made of the next games. They're not ‘must wins’"

Er, Gary Gary. I have some news for you. You might like to sit down.
Yes, Gary. Because our record against the teams at the top of the division has been magnificent this season, so we don’t need to beat these other teams do we?

Cretinous idiot.

Those are the words of a man waiting for the sack.

Back