• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton 2-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

It’s the type of mistake though. Based in sentiment, not logic. Essentially the lads were unlucky last week so I don’t want to drop any of them, even though I don’t think 5atb is the way to go. Looks weak leadership
Yeah I can understand that point of view.

It stinks of him trying to keep players on his side rather than making tough decisions to the teams benefit

Fluke/lucky it’s up there but we have to take it.

A foot either side of Doyle and Brighton go 3-1 and we’re all discussing who our next manager is going to be.
Yep.

And if we are talking about luck, I think GON has been really unlucky at Wolves with VAR decisions, injuries and the way the fixtures have fallen.

So if we're saying that was lucky, then he deserves a bit of that.

So I’m guessing that because we wore our away kit, in the premier league it’s not illegal then, as someone stated on the kit thread it failed the PL design rules

Yep.

And if we are talking about luck, I think GON has been really unlucky at Wolves with VAR decisions, injuries and the way the fixtures have fallen.

You can't blame luck over 19 games, of which we've won 1.

He's essentially admitted today that he handicapped us because he didn't want to make a decision. It's not really a million miles away from the Batth/Johnson/Gorkss debacle under Saunders that you were (rightly) raging about this week.

Yep.

We were due some luck for sure and I’m glad we got it and equalised.

Remains to be seen whether we can capitalise on it but we’ve got 2 good games to try.

An excellent observation. I loved MM but it was clear those two late goals were papering over huge gaps, just like today.
MM wouldn't have said he didn't want to play a formation but the lads "deserved" the opportunity to have another go at it....

GON is taking this team down, unless he somehow generates a winning streak. And that isn't done by choosing a way of playing because the lads deserve it.

He's essentially admitted today that he handicapped us because he didn't want to make a decision. It's not really a million miles away from the Batth/Johnson/Gorkss debacle under Saunders that you were (rightly) raging about this weweek
Mm, not sure. 90% of us felt that was the right was to go today, including you.

The BJG decision hadn't come off a good performance in the previous game.

Also, we should have scored through Doyle.

What would be interesting to know is if he'd have changed from the 5 to a 4 if we hadn't conceded just before HT.

It was definitely lucky today and it's definitely been coming. It's felt for a while now that nothing ever bounces our way but it was nice to experience that last minute feeling again today.

In no way should it detract from the dreadful performance and the pathetic winless run we are still on.

It was definitely lucky today and it's definitely been coming. It's felt for a while now that nothing ever bounces our way but it was nice to experience that last minute feeling again today.

In no way should it detract from the dreadful performance and the pathetic winless run we are still on.
Absolutely agree.

Absolutely not, and I wasn't.

But little moments like that 4 v 1 situation or Guedes not getting that foul against City are lucky and unlucky?
There have been moments where he has been unlucky, probably more than there has when he has been lucky, to be fair. However if you are having to rely on luck being the decisive factor a lot of the time, then you’re not winning games clearly / in control. That’s hardly a blueprint.

Can’t remember the last time we’ve had a game where it’s been anything over than chaos

MM wouldn't have said he didn't want to play a formation but the lads "deserved" the opportunity to have another go at it....
We did lose 2-1 at Everton once, having gone 1-0 up through a penalty after barely looking like scoring, then defended (I use the term loosely) like we did in the first half today, and lost. Then he said afterwards that that's how we'd play away from home and people had to get used to it.

That's when he lost me.

Mm, not sure. 90% of us felt that was the right was to go today, including you.
Sort of.

I did say we couldn't have this bizarre 8/2 split, if you want to play three centre halves (which you know I don't really like as an overriding concept) then you can't do that.

Not to be an American, but if the result has been left in the hands of VAR then we’ve not done enough.

Last time I checked we played teams we've a) beaten before, home and away and b) are in the same division as us.

I don't think anyone is expecting us to be up there in the top 6. More than 2 points (and we've pinched a point today, so an entire 50% of our season's output) isn't too much to ask.

Especially when they're charging prices that compare to teams that actually *do* challenge for Europe and they insist on telling us that they know best, all the time.

I'd hate to be in trouble while having a scrap with you idiots behind me. Never f'kin satisfied, never pleased, never nothing. Never seen such a negative forum ever before. Have you looked at who we've played this season???? F'kin idiots the lot of you.
Evening Gary.

Back