• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton 2-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Well Brighton's second goal is his fault. Appalling play.

He wasn't very good tbh and I'm someone who's been calling for his inclusion. Sarabia was way more of an influence.
It was but plenty of people made dreadful passes gifting Brighton an attack.

Until GON says why he hooked him we won't know for sure.

I think forbes went because he was basically just recieving the bsll on the touchline, and knocking square pass inside or backwards.
When he came on he took on the fullback, but after ten mins played safe.

Well Brighton's second goal is his fault. Appalling play.

He wasn't very good tbh and I'm someone who's been calling for his inclusion. Sarabia was way more of an influence.
Immediately after the restart he had a good run but his final ball was poor. After that, he stopped doing what he was brought on for and resorted to the safety first method of passing it backwards. Add that to the second goal mistake and you can see why GON took him off right at the end. We couldn't afford another mistake.

Also, interested in your thoughts about Lemina being taken off. We've asked for GON to make the big call and he did today. Surely he deserves some credit for that decision?

I think forbes went because he was basically just recieving the bsll on the touchline, and knocking square pass inside or backwards.
When he came on he took on the fullback, bit after ten mins played safe.

Plus he probably knew Rodrigo Gomes had played wing back in the past so was more likely to offer a bit more defensive protection. It was only for 1 minute of added on time so I doubt it made much difference to anything.

Also, interested in your thoughts about Lemina being taken off. We've asked for GON to make the big call and he did today. Surely he deserves some credit for that decision?
It was a coin flip between him and Joao at HT, neither of them were playing well. Doyle was at least looking to get on the ball and play.

So well done for making the change for sure, but he should know that setting up that way to start with is crazy - especially when literally 24 hours earlier, he'd said how playing a back five with a low block was a bad idea against most teams then did it anyway.

Toti's 5th yellow of the season by my count so he'll be suspended for Palace. Just as well as Bueno and Dawson should be the partnership.

RAN joins Semedo and J.Gomes on 4 yellows and 1 away from a suspension.

Toti's 5th yellow of the season by my count so he'll be suspended for Palace. Just as well as Bueno and Dawson should be the partnership.

RAN joins Semedo and J.Gomes on 4 yellows and 1 away from a suspension.
Toti - thought his distribution today was awful. Too often makes the wrong decision.

Back