• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - Watford 2 a full blooded contest verdict thread

Its all about not rocking the boat and keeping the jobs for the boys going.

The standard of refereeing this season is an absolute joke.

The standard for 90% of the time has been fine however when it comes to the big calls in games more often than not they have cocked up spectacularly and not just for our games. Other teams throughout the league have seen some real mind boggling decisions. ;Last Nights cuo game saw a ref have a 90% great game and cock up the 2 big calls which cost both teams a player. Grealish didnt dive and Jacob second booking was undeserved

If we get Sako's ban rescinded at the cost of a Doherty ban I could just about live with that. Looks like he has been a silly boy.

Doesn't look like a stamp, he's getting pushed/pulled about all over the place so isn't really in control of where he plants his foot, he's certainly not looking down at the player at the point he treads of his ankle/leg.

If we get Sako's ban rescinded at the cost of a Doherty ban I could just about live with that. Looks like he has been a silly boy.

I really believe the melee and this fresh incident will scupper any chance of getting Sako's red rescinded.

It has to be rescinded, if it's not I might actually lose all faith in football.

The melee should have no bearing on a Sako appeal - his arms come up to fend off Forestieri's push after which the latter goes down as if he had received a head shot from the top of the Steve Bull stand.

The melee ensued as a result of the Refs decision to that incident & whilst Doherty was somewhat foolish in getting involved it is understandable given what had gone on before - is there a chance of punishment - quite possibly, but shouldn't affect whether we appeal the red card or not.

Doherty was being pulled backwards when he stood on the player's leg so might be difficult to prove intent.

My feeling is that's a stamp, but can you prove intent in that scrum? Not a chance. And has absolutely nothing to do with Sako incident

Agree the red card appeal is separate from the melee, but look who is standing with his back to the camera in the foreground, right behind the ref.. It's Sako.

I don't blame the ref's for the crap decisions we've seen lately, I blame the players. For years now refs haven't been able to believe their own eyes with players diving and faking all the time. If the ref had blinked half way through yesterdays incident, he could easily have thought Sako had been a bad boy from Forestieri's reaction. No action replay for the ref.
So step up FA. Rescind Sako's red. Then change the rules so blatant diving and faking can be looked at retrospectively and a six game ban introduced with all wages going to charity. At the moment, it's so rife there would be hardly any players left to man the teamsheets but with that kind of severe punishment, the offence would be quickly consigned to the history books, where it should be.

I can't tell if it's a stamp, and there certainly isn't enough evidence to prove as such.

I like the fact that the person has tweeted the Met Police to make them aware. God alone knows what they expect them to do about it.

I don't blame the ref's for the crap decisions we've seen lately, I blame the players. For years now refs haven't been able to believe their own eyes with players diving and faking all the time. If the ref had blinked half way through yesterdays incident, he could easily have thought Sako had been a bad boy from Forestieri's reaction. No action replay for the ref.
So step up FA. Rescind Sako's red. Then change the rules so blatant diving and faking can be looked at retrospectively and a six game ban introduced with all wages going to charity. At the moment, it's so rife there would be hardly any players left to man the teamsheets but with that kind of severe punishment, the offence would be quickly consigned to the history books, where it should be.

Yeah it's what's needed. However they have no backbone.

Look back a few years for when they tried to ban Eduardo for arsenal when he dived against Celtic. Everyone knows it was a dive but then it was rescinded after appeal because 'he may have lost balance or slipped'. It was total bullshit.

We need to accept that they may get some wrong, but the effect it will have will be for the good of the game.

If the ref blinked, he didn't see it so couldn't have given a red card. He must have been certain he saw Sako raise his hands and strike/push the Watford player.

If the ref blinked, he didn't see it so couldn't have given a red card. He must have been certain he saw Sako raise his hands and strike/push the Watford player.

Agreed, but he didn't, so he couldn't have seen it. Obviously made the call from Forestieri's action. Like I say, I don't really blame the ref. He made a decision on what he thought he saw. Forestieri should be out of the game for several weeks.

Agreed, but he didn't, so he couldn't have seen it. Obviously made the call from Forestieri's action. Like I say, I don't really blame the ref. He made a decision on what he thought he saw. Forestieri should be out of the game for several weeks.

Well you should blame the ref, they aren't there to make guesses of what's happened.

Agree with Mark about the stamp. Matt is being shoved and pulled at the same time and his foot seems to land awkwardly on the players leg. I'd probably stop watching football all together if Sako and Doherty both ended up with bans after yesterday

Back