• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - Watford 2 a full blooded contest verdict thread

For me, it's all about motivation.The ref isn't gonna make a crap decision on purpose. He should be able to make judgements on what he sees and if players were given hefty penalties for conning the ref, they wouldn't do it. Then we would get a huge improvement in the quality of refereeing decisions.

Well you should blame the ref, they aren't there to make guesses of what's happened.

Exactly.
However he did guess because the system puts pressure on him to act. He just got it horribly wrong.

https://vine.co/v/OEHbxXQpQLq

Looks like Doherty has some explaining to do here. A ban is looming me feels.

Just how desperate are the Watford fans to deflect attention away from their cheat?
Doherty being pushed and pulled and at no time looked at where the cheat was laying when he put his foot down.
Just admit you have a dirty, embarrassing cheat playing for you and move on...

For me, it's all about motivation.The ref isn't gonna make a crap decision on purpose. He should be able to make judgements on what he sees and if players were given hefty penalties for conning the ref, they wouldn't do it. Then we would get a huge improvement in the quality of refereeing decisions.

I agree with your sentiment about players conning the ref. getting hefty penalties, but its not always about that. Refs should make decisions on what they see, not what they think has happened, esp. when they know that simulation goes on.
At the end of the day the ref. is responsible for his own actions and decisions, and they're making too many mistakes.

It seems clear to me that the referee didn't actually see the incident and had his red card out in an instant based on what he assumed happened, which is appalling refereeing. Knowing that he didn't actually see the incident the ref should have at the very least spoken to his assistant, but he he rushed to a conclusion based on his guesswork. It's the kind of appalling thought process that should get him 6 months refereeing Sunday league football. It won't though.

It seems clear to me that the referee didn't actually see the incident and had his red card out in an instant based on what he assumed happened, which is appalling refereeing. Knowing that he didn't actually see the incident the ref should have at the very least spoken to his assistant, but he he rushed to a conclusion based on his guesswork. It's the kind of appalling thought process that should get him 6 months refereeing Sunday league football. It won't though.

My point is, that if players faced a lengthy ban for simulation, they wouldn't do it. Refs would have an easier job and I would begin to enjoy top level football as much as I used to.

just seen video of the 'knockout blow' on youtube. if that doesn't get rescinded and that little shitebag get done, there's no justice

Just how desperate are the Watford fans to deflect attention away from their cheat?
Doherty being pushed and pulled and at no time looked at where the cheat was laying when he put his foot down.
Just admit you have a dirty, embarrassing cheat playing for you and move on...

Maybe this flu is addling my brain but it looks to me like Doherty is definitely having a look at the bloke on the ground before he plants his foot right on the ankle.

And I'm not saying this just to throw rocks at Matt, I may not think he's a great player but even I'd not get my briefs so twisted as to want to arbitrarily suspend him.

No way that's a stamp at all. The Sako red video seems to have gone viral, the FA would be complete fucking morons if they don't rescind it which probably means they won't.

Maybe this flu is addling my brain but it looks to me like Doherty is definitely having a look at the bloke on the ground before he plants his foot right on the ankle.

And I'm not saying this just to throw rocks at Matt, I may not think he's a great player but even I'd not get my briefs so twisted as to want to arbitrarily suspend him.

Alan...He is initially looking at the guy and calling him a few choice names. He is then pushed/dragged about and that is when he stands on the player. At that moment or the milliseconds leading up to it he is not looking "for his leg". Doherty is innocent on this count for me. The Watford fan is clutching at straws trying to deflect from the disgusting actions of Forestieri

My point is, that if players faced a lengthy ban for simulation, they wouldn't do it. Refs would have an easier job and I would begin to enjoy top level football as much as I used to.

I don't disagree with that.

Alan...He is initially looking at the guy and calling him a few choice names. He is then pushed/dragged about and that is when he stands on the player. At that moment or the milliseconds leading up to it he is not looking "for his leg". Doherty is innocent on this count for me
Aye, I see what you're saying here.

Out of curiosity, is that incident just after the Forestieri Flop?

Aye, I see what you're saying here.

Out of curiosity, is that incident just after the Forestieri Flop?

It is the immediate aftermath of Forestieri being knocked unconscious by the vicious Sako, yes

Can see why Watford fans may think it was definitely intended, then.

Can see why Watford fans may think it was definitely intended, then.

Well just in case they were unsure if we were unhappy with the actions of the cheating cuntsack, Jack Price made sure they knew just minutes after the game restarted

Well just in case they were unsure if we were unhappy with the actions of the cheating $#@!sack, Jack Price made sure they knew just minutes after the game restarted
Haven't seen that incident anywhere but on how it has been described I will admit I'm surprised that the ref didn't tell him to do one, too.

Haven't seen that incident anywhere but on how it has been described I will admit I'm surprised that the ref didn't tell him to do one, too.

He got a yellow. Probably lucky as the ref would known what he was doing. The foul was a yellow card one but the intention behind it could have persuaded the ref to take more action. Probably feared that he couldn't wobble off the pitch at full time quick enough if he did though.

I also spent the last 5 minutes dodging the hail of spittle and bile coming from the guy behind me. I think he used every slang word imaginable for an Italian person.

Sorry to drag this up but just reading through all the posts from yesterday. Did anyone say anything to him or report him as they would have done had he been making similar comments about a black/Asian person? No, thought not. It's this kind of double standards that annoys me.

It would have been interesting had he been sat behind me.

Forestieri is a cheating twat but he is actually Argenitnian who has latched onto the Italian nationality as he thinks it increases his chances of international football.

Not quite in the same league as far as discrimination goes but certainly your annoyance is understandable.

Cheers for the report LJ - gives context to what was coming over the commentary.

Note your point re Doyle, but can't see what he brought that wouldn't have been improved by introducing Dicko at that stage. Can't see us offering another contract to Doyle as someone else intimated, but if we did it would be at a level he probably wouldn't want to accept. Can see a move to the MLS taking place instead as was mooted as a loan earlier.

Based on no specific data other than a personal hunch, I continue to believe that Dicko is carrying/recovering from an injury, rather than being dropped. By all accounts his movement etc last weekend was limited (for him). He's struggled back from injuries before, so I suspect we're being very patient with him.

I believe the same can be suggested for Golbourne too, but as I say, this is speclation.

Back