• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-3 Liverpool: Verdict Thread

GON just now: “Today’s not the level we’ll be judged against”. So, he agrees with some on here and you can make of that what you will.

No he’s judged over a period of time and so far has 4 defeats from 5.
Writing off fixtures after the event and saying “hay ho” we’ll beat the crap teams is just an appalling attitude.

Looked as though we came out 2nd half to defend the 1 nil lead and of course the inevitable happened. Should have won today quite easily
That's the whole point, we came out low block, stopped getting players forward

GON just now: “Today’s not the level we’ll be judged against”. So, he agrees with some on here and you can make of that what you will.
PK has successfully stirred up a few of you hasn't he.

What exactly is your point? What are you arguing with?

I didn't expect us to win today, did you? I didn't even expect us to give them a game after our performance against Palace, so I was pleasantly surprised with that first half performance. Had we got in at HT at 2-0 we may well have got a win, but as soon as they started to bring on fresh, excellent players and we started to tire, the result looked inevitable - as ultimately they have better players.

I'm genuinely fascinated at how the above could be percieved as smug or controversial, but you know PK gotta PK.

Anyone seriously want to argue that José Sa isn't a massive, massive problem? He's a complete airhead and add today to the extensive back catalogue of goals that are at least mostly his fault. Problem is I'm not sure Bentley is capable of playing for three and a bit months until we can sign someone else.

Positives:

- The first half was genuinely excellent, energy all over the park and we were all over them. Should have been minimum 2, probably 3 up

- Neto against Gomez. Like a bloodsport at times. Shame we couldn't get the ball to him second half

- Joao Gomes was excellent throughout

- Semedo and Ait-Nouri had good first halves

- Bellegarde looks like he has a lot of ability and there's plenty there to work with

- Hwang didn't do much...but got another goal. Always handy

- Someone finally told the mouthy twat at the back of the NB (miles behind me, but everyone can hear his stupid voice that sounds like he's being strangled) to shut the fuck up

Negatives:

- As noted, Sa. He will cost you time and time again. Unsustainable

- Kilman had a reasonable game for the most part...but the same failings will always exist. Doesn't command situations and he's bang in trouble with any ball played outside him

- We looked immediately more vulnerable when Bueno came on

- Doherty. Don't put him there again. I mean he has no business playing Premier League football at all in 2023 but him lumbering around like a winger in an 80s pub team is laughable

- Fabio. Waste of time. Still too weak for us to play the ball up to him, no threat in behind, doesn't try, continually having a strop. Terrible

- For all our good play in this game (and in parts of the others) we now are in a situation where we pretty much HAVE to win next week. In mid-September. That's not healthy

- For the second time in a row, O'Neil tried to play out a 1-1 draw. We didn't get it. We can't sit off like that, we will concede

We don't look a lost cause but we have issues we can't fix quickly and we aren't pulling ourselves away from the danger zone any time soon given our home fixtures. So buckle up.

PK has successfully stirred up a few of you hasn't he.

What exactly is your point? What are you arguing with?

I didn't expect us to win today, did you? I didn't even expect us to give them a game after our performance against Palace, so I was pleasantly surprised with that first half performance. Had we got in at HT at 2-0 we may well have got a win, but as soon as they started to bring on fresh, excellent players and we started to tire, the result looked inevitable - as ultimately they have better players.

I'm genuinely fascinated at how the above could be percieved as smug or controversial, but you know PK gotta PK.
Bit surprised at this. My point is simply that he just said that and I thought it might be of interest. I mean, he’s in the leadership role and he’s not obliged to say that, he could say something else. You definitely can make what you want of it.

Fabio and Doherty has got to be the worst double change in the history of football. I’m not neccessairily having a go at the manager here, those players in those roles wouldn’t have had an impact in the championship.

That's the whole point, we came out low block, stopped getting players forward
We started to defend deep because they were effectively playing 424/415. We needed Lemina and Gomes to dominate their midfield, but that was always going to be a tough ask as they played around and over it.

We went very deep after about 20 mins, for a while we still pressed and snapped but there was no way with our back 5 we wouldn’t concede. After then it was all very predictable.

First half was good, but they should still have scored 1 maybe 2.

The double sub was the most laughable piece of management I’ve ever seen. We needed to freshen up for sure but Bellegarde was out on his feet and left on. What on earth GON expected from Doc I’ll never know and Fabio just needs to go.

Another 5 games or so and hopefully we can put this nonsense behind us.

For what it's worth I reckon Sa might have realised he was about to carry the ball out of his area and panicked. Classic Sa really.

It's worrying how we seem to dip at half time and are mostly making regressive subs.

First half was excellent though. If this is growing pains to us playing 90 mins like that then that's fair enough. If it's not and this is going to be our peak under GoN then it's troubling.

Alright for about an hour, on the plus side Bellegarde looks a player and Neto getting back to his best.
All about next week really, has to be a win, we can’t afford to have Coach doing his apprenticeship in the Premier League
I go in the South Bank and to be honest I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else but a certain element do my fucking head in, booing Jota, don’t they realise that if it wasn’t for players like Jota they wouldn’t be watching Premier League football.

Pretty much anyone else on the bench would have been better.
Ah, good answer :rolleyes:

So Sarabia for Hwang? After his performance last week? Imagine the moaning about that.

I'm sure that if Sasa was fit he'd come on, but he can't be, and GON has alluded to that too.

Thought Bellegarde was awesome, more I see the more confident of us surviving I am

Not really much I can say if you can’t see that Sasa would have been better than Fabio.
If I was certain that Sasa was fit enough to play a significant role and play significant minutes then I'd agree, but we don't know that do we?

Really worried why Kalajdzic is not getting 30 minutes, but Silva is.

Especially against Liverpool.

Back