• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Arsenal 2-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

As I said initially, we simply don't have that option at all now, we have done it in the past and it has worked.

Personally I like seeing RAN further forward, he scored against Burnley and Cov (as did Bueno) and got a couple of assists in that period too, I have no idea why the option should be written off?
Technically he was at LWB for Coventry. Lemina was the one pushed further forwards.

You can see the verdicts for that period here - https://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/threa...ults-highlights-reports-verdicts-stats.38211/

It's also absolutely normal and a fundamental part of a central midfielders game to support/cover your full back.
If I've accidentally suggested otherwise I have not meant to!

You’re on top form today EP of somehow being totally wrong about pretty much everything. And no I won’t argue it because everyone else is already doing so and you’re not having it

You’re on top form today EP of somehow being totally wrong about pretty much everything. And no I won’t argue it because everyone else is already doing so and you’re not having it
What specifically am I wrong about then PW?

Having Bueno as an option to push RAN further forward is better than not having it?

That RAN has played effectively as winger for us last season?

That we should have closed Saka down better?

That lots of keepers made distribution errors over the weekend?

Saka gets his shot away because RAN let him come inside. That's just shit defending from a player who in theory is better than anyone who would have been playing lcb and should know better. You can't account for individual errors, we didn't concede that goal because of the formation. Confirmation bias to put it down to that.
Lemina didn’t want to close him down and be 1 v 1 with Saka with space around him in case he got done. So he’s letting him put an, in theory, low percentage cross in. Gomes gets accross and is screaming at him to close down but it’s too late.

Sadly the cross is on point and no one deals with it and it’s a goal.

He didn’t neccessairily have to be super tight but he should have been closer to at least maybe affect the cross is some way or have a chance of blocking it once Gomes gets over.

We very rarely used Bueno as you suggest we start doing as a regular option, and O'Neil clearly doesn't rate him as it stands. We should sign another LB and not one person on here will disagree with you there. They aren't the same question.

Saying "it worked vs Burnley and Coventry" is both disingenuous and reductive. I mean we started Fabio and Sasa as a front two vs Blackpool and they both scored, let's do that too when they're both fit and available. I don't think so.

We very rarely used Bueno as you suggest we start doing as a regular option, and O'Neil clearly doesn't rate him as it stands. We should sign another LB and not one person on here will disagree with you there. They aren't the same question.

Saying "it worked vs Burnley and Coventry" is both disingenuous and reductive. I mean we started Fabio and Sasa as a front two vs Blackpool and they both scored, let's do that too when they're both fit and available. I don't think so.
I'm saying we've eliminated that option, an option that in the 2 games I mention Bueno scored 1 and RAN scored two, it's neither disingenuous or reductive
Suggesting it is "fantasy" when they scored 3 goals between them in that situation in about 90 mins of it happening is what is disingenuous.

I'm saying we've eliminated that option, an option that in the 2 games I mention Bueno scored 1 and RAN scored two, it's neither disingenuous or reductive
Suggesting it is "fantasy" when they scored 3 goals between them in that situation in about 90 mins of it happening is what is disingenuous.
I'm saying it's a fantasy that we would use that as a regular option in our starting XI, I thought that was clear but obviously not.

We were never ever going to do that.

And I didn't say we should do it as a "regular option" :rolleyes:

I said we've stopped that option as a "roll of the dice".

You have the cheek to quote being disingenuous!?

I don't know what you're arguing to be honest. Bueno and RAN were hardly ever on the pitch together last season, you know this as well but are clinging to a couple of isolated games (and a goal off a set piece) where we had a decimated squad as proof that we consider it a viable option. We don't.

You might think it's a good idea but you'd be very much in the minority and crucially the manager also does not think it's a good idea.

I don't know what you're arguing to be honest. Bueno and RAN were hardly ever on the pitch together last season, you know this as well but are clinging to a couple of isolated games (and a goal off a set piece) where we had a decimated squad as proof that we consider it a viable option. We don't.

You might think it's a good idea but you'd be very much in the minority and crucially the manager also does not think it's a good idea.
I have no idea what you're arguing either.

You're telling me I want RAN and Bueno as a regular starting XI option, when quite frankly i never fucking said that.

At all.

Well you did tell me that Rayan Ait-Nouri isn't a LB. Where is he meant to be playing then? Bearing in mind that you don't get to be Linus from Charlie Brown and race for your five at the back comfort blanket any more.
Yeah i dont get that reference.

I think RAN is a far better LWB than LB, he's also one of our best and most exciting players, so it's a real shame that we a stymieing one of our most attacking players to play a formation we don't have the defensive players available to play in yet. (That's not GON's fault, but until we do?)

I'm just not sure what the benefits are, particularly away at Arsenal, I get it v Ipswich at home, yes. I really hope that changes, if we are signing Dara O Shea we may aswell have kept Nathan Collins.

I think RAN is a far better LWB than LB, he's also one of our best and most exciting players, so it's a real shame that we a stymieing one of our most attacking players to play a formation we don't have the defensive players available to play in yet.
RAN is exciting to watch but, from my point of view, doesn't actually create many chances. He doesn't seem to be losing the ball as much now as he did but when he does it always seems to leave us stretched at the back.

I think he is a class defender, he kept Salah quiet in two games in which he concentrated on defending. I think we would be better off as a team if he defended more and excited less.

Back