• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bristol Rovers (h) Carrott Boo Cup 19/9/17

I think that last night showed that if we have any more injuries then we could struggle. We were second best against a team a division below us.

Jeez....more or less the same players beat Southampton. Where does that leave us?

I think that last night showed that if we have any more injuries then we could struggle. We were second best against a team a division below us.
That team will never ever play in a league game.

We weren't rubbish anyway.

Well clearly Fosun haven't shown enough ambition in making sure our second string is strong enough to do well in the cup. Oh wait..

Well clearly Fosun haven't shown enough ambition in making sure our second string is strong enough to do well in the cup. Oh wait..

Fosun have done everything that could have been expected of them over the last few months. They have made money available to the manager, and clearly intend that we will be in the premier League very soon.

Cup upsets happen, Frank. Bristol Rovers had already pulled one off. And to be perfectly honest, they looked a good side, and that wasn't down to us being poor but to them being quite good. The difference between divisions isn't so great that you can sleepwalk through cup games against "lesser" sides. Ask Southampton.

Norris, Price, Vinagre, Hause, Marshall, Bright, Zyro....... All decent or better as back up. Some of those should and will challenge for a regular first team spot. We are 3 months from another transfer window I can live with that.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Look at the bench Langers posted in his team for the Barnsley game. Ridiculously stronger than any point during the last few seasons.

Anymore injuries? We made 8 changes last night ffs

Yes but if Ruddy, Doherty, Vinagre, Saiss, Neves, Jota and Bonatini join the likes of Costa, Boly and Ofosu-Ayeh in the treatment room, we're fucked. #shouldhaveboughtanotherelevenplayers

I know that. My point was that the back up players did not really show that they will be challenging for the first team, at least based on that performance.

I know that. My point was that the back up players did not really show that they will be challenging for the first team, at least based on that performance.
But v Southampton they did.

It is highly unlikely we will go into a League game missing nearly a full team. If we do it means either the Plague has returned or Shrewsbury Town popped into Compton

Fucking auto correct....but yes it will. Fosun not investing in proper tools probably

No wonder we were toothless upfront last night.

Complete change sides are always rubbish. Particularly when half of them are either not god enough in key roles (Deslandes and Burr), unfit (Zyro, Marshall), not good enough to dictate a game in their own right (bright, Price).

Players might be able to come in and do a job, but can't come in and be expected to run the game as all the key game changers who usually play aren't playing.

Frank,
Regardless of our team and the opposition last night.
I said after 15 minutes last night that the football (from us) was still 100x better than last season's rubbish.

Doesn't look like there are going to be any shocks tonight. Home to Man United it is...

Northside would have come out on top if there is/was a battle of the bands with North in their title.

I'm continuing to enjoy the write ups.
I still like Shall we Take a Trip and Take 5 and bought Chicken Rhythms back in the day

Danny Batth made a comment quoted by TimII last week about how Tuesday night games at Molineux are difficult to play in, with smaller crowds and a flat atmosphere. We all know that EFL Cup games are even worse and appreciate the argument that players should be up for games whatever, but there is over a decade of evidence to suggest that this isn't the case at Molineux even if we get the right result in the end. Draw a top Prem club tonight, we'll get 30k and a different performance, even though the end result will probably be less positive.

Back