• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bristol Rovers (h) Carrott Boo Cup 19/9/17

We've been drawn away to Man. City

Ha, I've been Banjoed

Easy..... I'm going to have to try and do that one. Can't miss Pep v Nuno

Nah Boly should be fit by then. And crucially, so should Helder..

Oh well, man city have a soft underbelly and Costa might be back

I think we might put the full side out for that one. Can't imagine Neves and Jota would want to sit it out.

Probably about the right time to leave this competition. It's been useful so far but we were never going to win it so don't want to stick around too long

Hmmmm does Nuno play the reserves again and risk a heavy defeat or play the first team and hope we get a respectable defeat?
More reasonably I'd expect City will play a much weakened team, though still 11 top players, giving us a squeak I suppose. This competition does throw up a lot of surprises due to those weakened team.

We should go there with a full strength team IMO. I really hope we do.

Reckon it'll be a mix - reward some players who got this far (Bright, Vinagre, Norris, etc) while also bringing in Jota and Neves and the like to make a go of it.

What, and put them all in the shop window?

Oh right so when we play Villa on TV we should rest them then too?

People are going to sit up and take notice of us as a team pretty soon, if they haven't already. The key players we have are already high profile (particularly Neves) so it's not like we have a team of unknowns.

Let's go there and see how far we can push them. We would do a better job than Albion did in the first half tonight.

Reckon it'll be a mix - reward some players who got this far (Bright, Vinagre, Norris, etc) while also bringing in Jota and Neves and the like to make a go of it.

Norris will play for definite. And so might Vinagre to give Douglas a rest (or vice versa).

I would say something like this:

Norris

Boly
Coady
Hause

Doherty
Neves
Saiss/N'Diaye
Vinagre/Douglas

Costa
Bonatini/Cav
Jota

I personally think we'll take the Burton approach of this evening of 'we are going to lose anyway', which in fairness is what we did at Southampton, just not with the expected result. If we play our first 11 we lose 19/20 versus the team they put out tonight. QPR is the bigger game on the Saturday, if we'd drawn a more winnable game I'd go with a stronger side.

What a way for Costa to announce "I'm back"

Nothing to lose game like Anfield last season.

I'd love us to play our strongest 11 and give them a proper game (which we will if they make a few changes themselves).

Depends how quickly our next league game comes around after it, I suppose.

Oh right so when we play Villa on TV we should rest them then too?

People are going to sit up and take notice of us as a team pretty soon, if they haven't already. The key players we have are already high profile (particularly Neves) so it's not like we have a team of unknowns.

Let's go there and see how far we can push them. We would do a better job than Albion did in the first half tonight.

It was tongue in cheek, YW.

Back