• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford (A): Build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we had've stuck a chance away, we might be saying we ground out a well earned away win. We had chances, which we didn't take. We desperately need a clinical goalscorer

They had chances too - they hit the post etc. Works both ways. For me, we can't stubbornly stick to this system if it's clear that it isn't working. That is my only issue with Nuno. Other than that, if someone had offered us 10 points from the first 5 games before the season started, most of us would have taken it. It's just we wouldn't have thought we'd take the points from the games we have. That's the unpredictable Championship for you!

MoTM sounded like Jota - the only one who was creating

Saiss sounded poor & Neves not on the ball as he has been so little invention coming from midfield

Blimey 0-0 doesnt tell the story here some cracking goal to goal action from both sides, I will post ratings and a match report in the verdict thread if someone could be so kind.

Verdict thread is open chaps. I'll close this one shortly so stick your thoughts in there.

Some things worked for us in that game others didn't, Brentford forced us to play a wider game and whilst it worked on one side the other created virtually nothing on the other till Cav came on. Saiss blew hot and cold again and Neves wasn't as involved as much as normal.

Jota really is a joy to watch and he formed a really nice partnership with Vinagre who had an excellent game, he tired towards the end but will be hard done by to get dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back