• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bristol Rovers (h) Carrott Boo Cup 19/9/17

Pep thinks the League Cup is a waste of energy for his players......Might as well concede now Peppy and save everyone from having to put up with playing a game of football and we will move onto the next round

Well, that is a clear sign we won't be facing their first XI. Of course, we will still be facing a formidable test though.

Is the game v Man City winnable - probably not, but then again there have been cup shocks over the years.

Norris can stay in (not sure that he's much of a downgrade anyway from what I have seen), but would like to see a strong team out there to give them a good a test as we can manage. If we are getting thumped then we can pull the most important 3 off & replace if necessary.

We have coped with 3 games a week fine so far.
Not with the first 11 on a Wednesday night away in the North against the best squad in the country with a game 2.5 days later in the South
They could lose at QPR when not knackered! Losing away can and will happen. Regardless of the timing. Its losing to complete dross like blues at home Burton away and Wigan away that gripes me. In truth would the reserve squad Get a point at QPR? How much better is our team with Neves and Jota in it? Bonatini links it all. The back three has 5 strong candidates. We are covered at lwb nicely and OK at rwb. We have 2 of the top 6 keepers in this division in my opinion. We could play a very strong flair side v city and play a strong side v QPR too, with just 3 or 4 changes
The first 11 could lose at QPR, but going there knackered increases the chances
Well, that is a clear sign we won't be facing their first XI. Of course, we will still be facing a formidable test though.
The problem with Utd and City is their second 11's would finish in the Top 6 in the Prem.

Not with the first 11 on a Wednesday night away in the North against the best squad in the country with a game 2.5 days later in the SouthThe first 11 could lose at QPR, but going there knackered increases the chancesThe problem with Utd and City is their second 11's would finish in the Top 6 in the Prem.

With complete second eleven's for the whole season not sure that that's accurate - wouldn't get relegated though

Is the game v Man City winnable - probably not, but then again there have been cup shocks over the years.

Norris can stay in (not sure that he's much of a downgrade anyway from what I have seen), but would like to see a strong team out there to give them a good a test as we can manage. If we are getting thumped then we can pull the most important 3 off & replace if necessary.

Yes it is winnable. And I think we will win.

##thespiritof74##

With complete second eleven's for the whole season not sure that that's accurate - wouldn't get relegated though
Utd's 2nd 11 assuming no injuries
Romero
Young
Smalling
Lindelof
Rojo
Lingard
Herrara
Carrick
Fellaini
Martial
Zlatan

That's a Top 6 side

City
Bravo
Danilo
Mangala
Otamendi
Delph
Gundagen
Yaya
Sane
The balance would be kids who no doubt are top quality, more debatable I grant you, but Top 8 as a worse case.

Romero
Young
Smalling
Lindelof
Rojo
Lingard
Herrara
Carrick
Fellaini
Martial
Zlatan

That's a Top 6 side

City
Bravo
Danilo
Mangala
Otamendi
Delph
Gundagen
Yaya
Sane
The balance would be kids who no doubt are top quality, more debatable I grant you, but Top 8 as a worse case.

Would put them between 9th & 16th over a full season

Romero
Young
Smalling
Lindelof
Rojo
Lingard
Herrara
Carrick
Fellaini
Martial
Zlatan

That's a Top 6 side

City
Bravo
Danilo
Mangala
Otamendi
Delph
Gundagen
Yaya
Sane

Would put them between 9th & 16th over a full season. Particularly if you are discounting the current best eleven for this exercise then they will need more than eleven to cover injuries/suspensions so would need to go deeper into the squad.

Back