• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man City Carabao Cup Build Up Thread

Norris' kicking is absolutely fine, in fact it's better than Ruddy's. He made two errors on Tuesday but generally his distribution is excellent.

I think Hahnemann was better than Ruddy..who has gone a bit backwards IMO..was a wall for Norwich some seasons ago..never really rated Hennessey

We only got six good months out of Hahnemann, he was shite in 2010/11 and rightly dropped for good in November. Great guy and did an excellent short term job for us but nothing more than that.

Matt Murray was our no1 ever goalkeeper. Then there is little to choose between Ruddy and Norris. They are all way in front of anyone else

Norris can certainly get ahead of Ruddy..dont think he will this season though

I'm with DW, i don't recall MH being that great, surprised at the love for him in the thread.

Was it Blues at home where he got lobbed despite being pretty much on his line? Dreadful.

I'm with DW, i don't recall MH being that great, surprised at the love for him in the thread.

Was it Blues at home where he got lobbed despite being pretty much on his line? Dreadful.
I think Bowyer scored a belter against him. He had no chance with it, if thats the one you are talking about*

*My memory is shit so

Luke Varney scored a once in a life time volley away at Blackpool. Seem to remember Foley messing something up and then he just hit it from out on the LW and it went in the far corner.

From what I remember Bowyer hit a decent strike from the edge of the area that went in to Keepers left, don’t remember it being a howler.

Matt Murray was our no1 ever goalkeeper. Then there is little to choose between Ruddy and Norris. They are all way in front of anyone else

Depends how far back you want to go. We have had some superb goalies at Wolves, that have played internationally as well.
I agree with Murray for modern times and it is difficult to compare players 40 years apart.

Depends how far back you want to go. We have had some superb goalies at Wolves, that have played internationally as well.
I agree with Murray for modern times and it is difficult to compare players 40 years apart.

Going back a bit Bert Williams was a legend (so my mum told me)

I actually had a gala dinner the once sitting opposite Bert Williams #claimtofame

Back