• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bristol Rovers (h) Carrott Boo Cup 19/9/17

Game ends - we won, but not by much

Still in the next round though - not sure many of these will be playing on Saturday

Norris motm
Rovers the better team and we should have lost.

Rovers are no mugs and beat Fulham away in the last round, we made numerous changes resting players so I'll take the win. We've done some excellent business bringing Norris in as if he had to play in the League then he'd fit in the team with ease

DW - your bit on Burr. Guy behind me spent the whole game saying he has no confidence, his confidence is shot. Kids on debut ffs

I had to google Northern Uproar. Quality write up DW.

So burr did alright.

Interesting re: price, some said he was awful and some said he was ace. From your write up it sounds like normal price but a bit more adventurous

I had to google Northern Uproar. Quality write up DW.

Northside would have come out on top if there is/was a battle of the bands with North in their title.

I'm continuing to enjoy the write ups.

My only confusion with Nuno right now is why he keeps playing Marshall as a forward and not a wing back

I don’t think Marshall has the fitness to play WB now, if he ever will.

My only confusion with Nuno right now is why he keeps playing Marshall as a forward and not a wing back

Marshall did start is career at Crewe and Leicester as a forward and winger so I can see that role suiting him. He's two footed with a good brain and good technique. His problem is he's nowhere near the level Jota, Cav or Costa. I'm not convinced he's as good as Bright right now and I'd rather persevere with Bright.

Only that buffoon Lambert choose to play him at right back where he clearly isn't good enough.

So burr did alright.

Interesting re: price, some said he was awful and some said he was ace. From your write up it sounds like normal price but a bit more adventurous

Price was Price, a lot of sideways balls or side balls out to the wings but (bar one) nothing infront for a player to run on to which is a pity because N'diaye does like to run forward and welcome these through balls...(he tried a few times last night but got nothing)

Felt sorry for Burr, he was like a rabbit in headlights for the first half and looked longingly at Coady for some positional help on more than one occasion...he also hugged the touchline umpteen times in the furst half but just didnt recieve the ball.
Second half he seemed to relax and on more than one occasion he played nice 1-2's with Bright.
Im sure this will happen in time but he needs to bulk up along with Wilson, both are very very lightweight.

I know we play from the back but (unlike DW thinks) i think Norris could be quicker with his release, a few times we had runners and he hesitated before kicking it (he doesnt seem to throw it out) but thats a minor quibble on a good performance.

Marshall put in one good cross from a corner and everything else was at knee height.

Northern Uproar! Northside! how about these obscure indie boys!...
North of Cornwallis

Marshall did start is career at Crewe and Leicester as a forward and winger so I can see that role suiting him. He's two footed with a good brain and good technique. His problem is he's nowhere near the level Jota, Cav or Costa. I'm not convinced he's as good as Bright right now and I'd rather persevere with Bright.

Only that buffoon Lambert choose to play him at right back where he clearly isn't good enough.

I would say more because of our current squad options I would be looking at Marshall as a rwb, especially last night would have made more sense to play him there and give Ronan a start.

Just seen the goal. He really did take it well, didn't he? Still absolutely ecstatic for him.

Top pass from Price. Not the sort of ball you come to expect from him.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

I think that last night showed that if we have any more injuries then we could struggle. We were second best against a team a division below us.

Any team gets injuries and they struggle but in the last round we were all saying our back ups are just fine.

A one off Cup game basically shows you nothing.

Back