• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Zenga

I still hope, but doubt, he can turn it around. The game against reading was a glimpse of how I always hoped wolves could and would play.

We looked great because Reading sat off and let us play. There’s been no sign of similar play against teams that have got in our faces.

I'd like to know how much influence Mendes has on proceedings. To listen to some 'fans', his influence is far-reaching. I really don't know, but if that's true then it doesn't sound very healthy to me. The Wolves appear to be in a bit of a mess, having appointed a second-choice manager who appears to be struggling and having an 'agent' hovering over the whole mess. I really don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is the biggest and best agent in the game. I would rather have him involved than not, as it allows us to play in markets that would normally be beyond our current means. I hope he is going to be tasked with the case of getting a big hitter manager in.

It's not looking good is it? Zenga is a likeable character but I'm starting to have serious doubts about his motivational skills and basic tactical awareness. I don't like calling for a managers head so soon after they're appointed but we've a much better squad than performances, results and league position suggest.

I'd like to know how much influence Mendes has on proceedings. To listen to some 'fans', his influence is far-reaching. I really don't know, but if that's true then it doesn't sound very healthy to me. The Wolves appear to be in a bit of a mess, having appointed a second-choice manager who appears to be struggling and having an 'agent' hovering over the whole mess. I really don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Mendes connection can only be a good thing for Wolves IMO.

I agree. I also imagine that Fosun aren't here for the nice pubs and proximity to Ironbridge. They are here to turn this club into a top flight force and make a shedload of cashola while doing so, and every extra season in the Championship (or heaven forfend, below it) is lost time and money. Their patience is going to be far less longer-lasting than previous regimes and for me WZ is walking on EXTREMELY thin ice now.

I agree. I also imagine that Fosun aren't here for the nice pubs and proximity to Ironbridge. They are here to turn this club into a top flight force and make a shedload of cashola while doing so, and every extra season in the Championship (or heaven forfend, below it) is lost time and money. Their patience is going to be far less longer-lasting than previous regimes and for me WZ is walking on EXTREMELY thin ice now.

yeah, thats how it is atm, agree

Yep. There's an element of the unknown here too because we don't know how 'trigger happy' they are when if comes to the coaching staff. Jackett going isn't really an indication for me as he was always going to leave once Fosun took over.

I really like some of the new players we've brought in - Costa, Tex, Bod, Saiss, Cav all look like talented players and with that calibre, we should be performing way better than we are. I don't think the upheaval in the summer is relevant any more. It was to start with but we should be clicking by now rather than just seeing the occasional promising glimpse.

The frustrating thing is that somewhere in there, is a good team waiting to come out.
Walter seems popular and can motivate players, but what else does he bring to the party?
I'm reluctantly reaching the conclusion that he is not the manager to get us promoted or even near the playoffs.
If we lose to Blackburn I can't see him being given any more time.
Who would replace him? Wagner maybe. Sean Dyche would be good but he won't leave Burnley, and why should he.
On balance I'd go for Sam, but another foreign manager with no experience of the Championship would indicate that Fosun are well adrift - in my opinion.

We aren't going to go for fat crooked Sam. And we damn well shouldn't.

It will be a high-powered foreign manager. There are plenty out there with CVs so good that they would transcend this "experience of the Championship" point.

dont want allardyce in, he just manage defensive teams much like Pulis..we need a top(or close) manager who can manage the creative players yet gel a team and have some sort of tactic

Yeah I'm convinced we'd go foreign again. We don't need a manager with championship experience - I think that's a nonsense argument. We need a manager with tactical nous who can get something out of what I think is a decent championship squad.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us give Clement another shot at management. Very highly rated before he took over Derby and look at the mess they've turned into since he left.

Owen Coyle has experience of the Championship. Marcelo Bielsa doesn't. Diego Simeone doesn't. Etc Etc Etc

If/When Zenga goes I am looking forward to viewing another Tim II cyber meltdown. His reaction when KJ was fired was emotional.....but the man loves Walter, so it could be a heart breaking read

Make sure we announce the news after 11pm, it's too much for Tim's amazing mind to take in.

I'm mildly surprised Walter is still in charge today.

As we are owned by a corporation rather than an individual I guess they need some sort of Board meeting before pulling the trigger, so tomorrow is still a possibility. Ultimately they will be brutal as they were with Jackett, he'll be sacked and a new manager all lined up and appointed at the same time. I don't expect Rob Edwards to take the team for any games

Walt is apparently back in Dubai again

Back