• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Zenga

Its probably too soon to sack him even if there is a case for it. Lose on Saturday and its 50/50. Fail to win the game against Cardiff and then he could have no complaints.
You mean Derby, yeah?

Irrespective of budgets, expectations, length of tenure, not many clubs will tolerate a run of 1 point from 7 games.

The big TV deal in China ain't gonna go down too well with a team that's losing more than it wins.

You mean Derby, yeah?

Irrespective of budgets, expectations, length of tenure, not many clubs will tolerate a run of 1 point from 7 games.

Don't know where I've got Cardiff from! But yes.

Although I think the length of Tenure is in his favour and Jeff said there would be patience.

As I said, lose Saturday and he may get one more game. Fail to win rather than lose and it's curtains.

@Tim Spiers Can confirm that Zenga is currently in Dubai on what is said to be a pre-arranged trip for family obligations. Due back tomorrow #wwfc

I really don't enjoy feeling like we should sack our manager, this is now the fifth separate time I've felt that way in about four and a half years (and not counting TC either). Yuck.

He might stay and we might beat Blackburn but I think anything from here is just going to be papering over the cracks. Everything from their goal onwards yesterday seriously felt like an 'end of managerial stint' performance. Reminded me of the fag end of DJ's time, a dreadful goal conceded, players oddly left out of the team/squad and no discernible shape or tactical clue.

I can't have any confidence that we're going to go on a run. It would fly in the face of everything I've seen so far, we can't join up performances at all.

Can't see him being sacked any time soon TBH. Have a look at the league table, a couple of wins and we'll be pushing the play-off positions, it's not like we are getting thrashed game after game.
People need to calm down.
Got a bit carried away I think. We're not Man City.

Can't see him being sacked any time soon TBH. Have a look at the league table, a couple of wins and we'll be pushing the play-off positions, it's not like we are getting thrashed game after game.
People need to calm down.
Got a bit carried away I think. We're not Man City.

Forget Man City, we should be doing better than Burton are. We're 18th in the league after nearly a third of the season and running with fewer points than we had at the equivalent stage last year. It's reasonable that there would be some teething problems, that we weren't going to run away with the league (in fact I doubt many people would have had us finishing above Newcastle/Norwich even in a best case scenario) but this is shit and the performances are actually getting worse at home.

I don't think we're going to get the playoff push you mention. We're already seven points plus goal difference adrift, we need more than a couple of wins. We might win the odd game here and there - we really should win next week regardless as Blackburn are awful with an even bigger chancer in charge - but teams that make the top six generally put together sequences of 2PPG+ form across various points of the season. I don't think we're going to get remotely near that with Zenga in charge.

We could waste a couple more months to confirm what we all already know but I don't really see the point.

I think the immediate priority is to move away from the shite at the bottom, We're nowhere good enough to challenge combined with consistent poor performances.

Forget Man City, we should be doing better than Burton are. We're 18th in the league after nearly a third of the season and running with fewer points than we had at the equivalent stage last year. It's reasonable that there would be some teething problems, that we weren't going to run away with the league (in fact I doubt many people would have had us finishing above Newcastle/Norwich even in a best case scenario) but this is $#@! and the performances are actually getting worse at home.

I don't think we're going to get the playoff push you mention. We're already seven points plus goal difference adrift, we need more than a couple of wins. We might win the odd game here and there - we really should win next week regardless as Blackburn are awful with an even bigger chancer in charge - but teams that make the top six generally put together sequences of 2PPG+ form across various points of the season. I don't think we're going to get remotely near that with Zenga in charge.

We could waste a couple more months to confirm what we all already know but I don't really see the point.

I can't really argue with you because you see a lot more than I do. But from the bit I have seen, we've generally payed well but have been let down by individual mistakes. Batth, iorfa, Ikeme and Doherty for starters. Hardly Zengas fault. Basically he's stuck with the same crap jackett was. Poor quality championship players (as I said before the season started). The problems we have are being compounded by the new stars failure to score at the other end. But from what I have seen, there is no lack of effort and have been unlucky not to have picked a few more points up than we have. If we can scrape a couple of wins, confidence will come from that and we might get to the next window and sign some quality defenders. I'm trying to be positive here.

It's not about scraping wins, we've beat Newcastle, Brentford and Blues this season and still haven't kicked on from those because for some reason we don't play with the style that suits us most of the time. It's about getting a style of play and formation that suits our players because if he does that then then the wins will come and we won't have to worry about scraping them.

Personally i don't feel Zenga is able to do this as a style of play would be recognisable by now, for those saying it's too early to judge well Reading's style was clear to see when they played us, yes i know we beat them but Stam has them playing out from the back with limited players so they will have games where they struggle but they have 6 more points than we do and i would say most of that is because they have a style of play they that they stick with and understand.

Forget Man City, we should be doing better than Burton are. We're 18th in the league after nearly a third of the season and running with fewer points than we had at the equivalent stage last year. It's reasonable that there would be some teething problems, that we weren't going to run away with the league (in fact I doubt many people would have had us finishing above Newcastle/Norwich even in a best case scenario) but this is $#@! and the performances are actually getting worse at home.

This exactly. I'd suggest that we have a better squad than all the teams up to Sheffield Wednesday. And yet we're 18th, without a recognisable style of play, Automatic promotion has gone for this season, and with so many teams between us and 6th I'd say the play-offs are very quickly disappearing as well.

As much as our form is worrying, it would be disgraceful if Zenga wasnt given until December to turn it round. Fosun picked him, they have to take responsibility for that and give him a sporting chance.

Why waste 2 more months, this guy is not the answer! his record is below average,how did he get the job in the first place ?
all this travelling back and forth (even 1st class) to UAE will take its toll on his decision making.
I also think we may have signed to many foreign players to quickly, when these players perform ,they are a joy to watch,
but this is the championship, sometimes you just have to dig in and do the basic stuff right.
Clement or Rowett if we go brit. or Silvo

The travelling bit is a load of crap. 7 hours in a bed, plus its a night flight too. He'll be no more tired than any normal person after an average nights sleep.

It's not about scraping wins, we've beat Newcastle, Brentford and Blues this season and still haven't kicked on from those because for some reason we don't play with the style that suits us most of the time. It's about getting a style of play and formation that suits our players because if he does that then then the wins will come and we won't have to worry about scraping them.

Personally i don't feel Zenga is able to do this as a style of play would be recognisable by now, for those saying it's too early to judge well Reading's style was clear to see when they played us, yes i know we beat them but Stam has them playing out from the back with limited players so they will have games where they struggle but they have 6 more points than we do and i would say most of that is because they have a style of play they that they stick with and understand.
Exactly. I spoke with Lycan after the game, and we discussed how clearly Monk has worked with his defenders & midfielders on how to pass in triangles in small-ish spaces to work the ball out from the back - even when under pressure, and it is helping Leeds a lot. It was effective. We haven't an identifiable style, and I can't see us getting one soon. Worryingly, our goal threat appears to have dried up.

I really don't enjoy feeling like we should sack our manager, this is now the fifth separate time I've felt that way in about four and a half years (and not counting TC either). Yuck.

He might stay and we might beat Blackburn but I think anything from here is just going to be papering over the cracks. Everything from their goal onwards yesterday seriously felt like an 'end of managerial stint' performance. Reminded me of the fag end of DJ's time, a dreadful goal conceded, players oddly left out of the team/squad and no discernible shape or tactical clue.

I can't have any confidence that we're going to go on a run. It would fly in the face of everything I've seen so far, we can't join up performances at all.
To be capable of making a tilt at the top 6, I'd say we need 3 wins out the next 4. That's just to stay in contention. I can't see us getting that. Not sure we can score enough goals, or keep enough clean sheets.

The travelling bit is a load of crap. 7 hours in a bed, plus its a night flight too. He'll be no more tired than any normal person after an average nights sleep.

who said anything about how much sleep he gets ? although sleeping on a plane is not like your own bed !
i was suggesting that the travelling, seeing his family for a short time, and then jetting back to wolverhampton again ,cannot help the situation

Back