• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Zenga

Depends. If you re-phrase it in Fosun-speak as who wants to earn say, £3m a year turning that team round, then the field might widen considerably. Money talks.

Depends. If you re-phrase it in Fosun-speak as who wants to earn say, £3m a year turning that team round, then the field might widen considerably. Money talks.

I agree money talks but it's going to have to do a lot of talking to get mangers of that calibre here. We do need something though.

I can think of maybe five million reasons why you could tempt. Especially with Rafa the fat Spanish waiter down here at the mo - that could possibly work in our favour in selling the championship.

When Morgan sold Wolves to FOSUN, never in my wildest dreams did I imagine we would end up in a relegation fight.

Let's face it, it was a batshit mental appointment in the first place. Pretty much everyone on here said so at the time mainly coupled with I'll support him...but. Someone asked earlier whether Jackett would have done better with this squad, I don't think we'd have beaten Newcastle with him or come back against Rotherham, but would have won games like, Burton, Wigan and today. Mick would have us in or around the play offs. I don't want either of them back, but it shows how poorly we are currently performing. There's not a British manager I can think of who is an obvious candidate (unless Warburton would come for the dosh) and I don't know enough about the game outside of this country to advocate a foreign one, but we need someone and need to get it right. I don't fancy relegation battle with the players we have.

Well if Benitez could go to Newcastle there is a chance of a big name here also

Let's face it, it was a batshit mental appointment in the first place. Pretty much everyone on here said so at the time mainly coupled with I'll support him...but. Someone asked earlier whether Jackett would have done better with this squad, I don't think we'd have beaten Newcastle with him or come back against Rotherham, but would have won games like, Burton, Wigan and today. Mick would have us in or around the play offs. I don't want either of them back, but it shows how poorly we are currently performing. There's not a British manager I can think of who is an obvious candidate (unless Warburton would come for the dosh) and I don't know enough about the game outside of this country to advocate a foreign one, but we need someone and need to get it right. I don't fancy relegation battle with the players we have.

We would struggle with the 'battle' bit.

I totally agree with this.

They won't go with an English manager, we can almost guarantee that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just heard the zenga interview, lots of bad luck, we played good, cliches etc, etc..

Can't really think of a British manager we'd want to be honest - or at least one we could get.

I think we need to look for an experienced successful continental coach if zenga does go - our recruitment model wouldn't suit a Bruce or Colin.

I still hope, but doubt, he can turn it around. The game against reading was a glimpse of how I always hoped wolves could and would play.

We'll be going for Silva. I'd heard rumours we'd already sounded him out recently.

I wonder if so many signings have been a good thing ?
Apart from Costa and Bod, although even Bod has only scored 2 goals.
Are Price, Wallace, Evans and Coady not as good as Saiss or Prince, or the inconsistent on loan Tex ? Are Silvio, Borthwick and Staerman adding anything ?

I wonder if so many signings have been a good thing ? Long term, probably. Short term, it presents issues.
Apart from Costa and Bod, although even Bod has only scored 2 goals. They both look to have fit in very well, Costa especially has surprised me.
Are Price, Wallace, Evans and Coady not as good as Saiss or Prince, or the inconsistent on loan Tex ? Are Silvio, Borthwick and Staerman adding anything ? In short, no, they're not as good as Prince and Romain. Difficult to judge the defenders because Zenga's tactics have left them exposed of late.

i like the bloke but his team and squad selection is all over the place. Pick the best players in their rightful positions and stick with them for 4-5 games.
However I don't think he may have those matches left now

I have a theory that Mr Zenga hasnt got the balls to stick to a set eleven, because he's scared of upsetting. You've got to have a big set of bollocks in this game, and sadly Mr Zenga hasnt.

i like the bloke but his team and squad selection is all over the place. Pick the best players in their rightful positions and stick with them for 4-5 games.
However I don't think he may have those matches left now

aye, consistency and if you show faith in players they get more settled, more confident and dare to do good things on the pitch..simple as that really..look at Leicester last season, same eleven week in and week out..won the PL

I am not sure even now he knows his best 11 or how he wants to set us up. Had he come in a bit earlier perhaps it would have less of a problem.

Next game is huge there is no margin for error now.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Back