• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Zenga

My concern would be, where else do you go? Bruce would have been the obvious candidate, Allardyce is still toxic and no thanks to another of Mendes' mates

October

Sat 22nd - Leeds (H)
Sat 29th - Blackburn (A)

November

Sat 5th - Derby (H)
Sat 19th - Preston (A)
Sat 26th - Sheff Wed (H)

December

Thu 1st - QPR (A)
Sat 10th - Fulham (H)
Tue 13th - Cardiff (A)
Sat 17th - Nottm Forest (A)

That isn't the worst run of fixtures between now and Christmas. There is scope to be picking up plenty of points there, only really Sheff Wed would concern me, we should be targeting wins in all of the rest (we won't win them all, but we have to approach them with the mindset of being strongish favourites). The clock's ticking though. We need to start getting results now, no excuses.

There are 6 wins there in anyones book.

Who, realistically? Wagner and Johnson wouldn't appeal.

Why not Wagner? I quite like him and his style. It all depends who we can afford. I'd think Marcos Silva is a good candidate but you'd have to sling some serious cash and ambition behind him and do some serious courting as he's pretty damn good.

I can't think of a British manager we could get. I like Rob Page at Northampton but he hasn't really done anything outside of Lg1.

Are some people stupid? IF Zenga goes eventually then it will definitely be another foreign Head Coach as we have a very continental styled club now. It's really not rocket science.

We would go abroad I am sure and get someone in high end work by bunging huge money at them. We won't join the rubbish unemployed British manager carousel.

Are some people stupid? IF Zenga goes eventually then it will definitely be another foreign Head Coach as we have a very continental styled club now. It's really not rocket science.

Rather than calling people stupid do you have a suggestion?

The copenhagen manager is doing well....

Kenny Jackett is out of work if we get desperate.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

We would go abroad I am sure and get someone in high end work by bunging huge money at them. We won't join the rubbish unemployed British manager carousel.

My feeling on this, and it has been for a while, that the plan is to have Zenga get us promoted, say 'cheerio and thanks for your hard work' and then bring in Villas Boas.

I think that plan will fail at the 'Zenga getting us promoted' phase. It's hard not to like the bloke but his shortcomings as a manager are blindingly obvious. The points return over the last few games is unacceptable given the squad we have now and I'm pretty sure the board are getting itchy fingers. I think they'll be looking at playoffs minimum this season and they won't want to waste a transfer window in trying to achieve that. If Zenga is still not putting results on the board consistently in the next five games I reckon he'll be gone.

I think that plan will fail at the 'Zenga getting us promoted' phase. It's hard not to like the bloke but his shortcomings as a manager are blindingly obvious. The points return over the last few games is unacceptable given the squad we have now and I'm pretty sure the board are getting itchy fingers. I think they'll be looking at playoffs minimum this season and they won't want to waste a transfer window in trying to achieve that. If Zenga is still not putting results on the board consistently in the next five games I reckon he'll be gone.

Zenga's glasses are too rose tinted. I was at the Norwich game. Norwich were a different class to us, especially in the first half, but there was Zenga saying we were unlucky, on the basis of one Dickon opportunity !
Apparently he has just done the same about the Brighton game, because we dominated injury time ! FFS.
The guy needs to wake up, give Prince and Edwards a break and Cav a proper run. The team should have been freshened up for Brighton.
And what about Ola John ? Did we just sign him to mow the lawn ?
Fresh faces for Leeds game please.

without rehashing the whole DB discussion, why not try Stearman for Danny as he's tried other defenders but not dropping him - why ??
also give Silvio and CBJ an extended run, together with Cav.
keeping sub standard players Coady and Edwards in the most important area of the team will lead to failure eventually.
come on Walt, get a grip, otherwise you're toast

without rehashing the whole DB discussion, why not try Stearman for Danny as he's tried other defenders but not dropping him - why ??
also give Silvio and CBJ an extended run, together with Cav.
keeping sub standard players Coady and Edwards in the most important area of the team will lead to failure eventually.
come on Walt, get a grip, otherwise you're toast
Because Batth is better than Stearman.

I would like to see more of CBJ and Silvio though.

Stearman isn't the answer to anything (other than "who was one of the stupidest signings of the summer by any club"), he's last resort in that position and rightly so.

i accept he's not the answer, but i was trying to make the point that everybody has been tried in defence, except for the permanence of DB

i accept he's not the answer, but i was trying to make the point that everybody has been tried in defence, except for the permanence of DB

I would argue that with the exception of the two recent mistakes, he's been the most consistent form and fitness-wise.

Back