• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be interesting to see what old Ken says.

@tim_spiers_Star currently talking to @OfficialWolves' Kenny Jackett. Video update to follow later today #wwfc

"Heard nothing, business as usual etc etc etc"

I'm not entirely thrilled about the involvement of these 'superagents', especially as Mendes was behind the very dodgy transfer of Bebe to Man Utd. Having said that, when clubs like Man Utd, Man City & Chelsea are using these agents I guess it's the way of modern football these days.

"Heard nothing, business as usual etc etc etc"

As it should be tbf. There is only supposition and rumours circulating (albeit strong ones which won't go away) until anything is confirmed he has to continue to perform his role and prepare us for a 0-0 draw against Rotherham!

Poor Ken, really.

If he knows something is happening but hasn't been confirmed yet, he knows he has to go through his day-to-day plan anyway - including speaking to the media (and not letting slip that anything out of the ordinary is happening) - just in case it falls through.

If he doesn't know something is happening, he still knows the rumours, and he's not blind - he's seen and heard of people representing potential investors being shown around the club over the last few months - and knows that at any moment, without much warning, he'll be out of a job, and he's just wasted his summer and the last year of his career trying to build a team as his big shot at getting into the PL.

Of course it could all be bollocks and we're going to be starting the season with Andy Lonergan as our prestige signing...

The club has been up for sale for almost a year. He'll have known that any potential takeover would more than likely mean the end of his tenure. He's also on a 12 month rolling contract so IF he leaves it won't affect any severance pay.

Probably not an easy situation to be in but he'll have been more than aware about the consequences of being manager of a club on the market.

On the flipside, if we hadn't been drifting along with no owner and Jez doing his patented "put the club into deep freeze" move when there's a disengaged man at the top, he'd have been sacked ages ago on the basis of his shite football. I don't feel sorry for him. He'll get another job easily as he's quite obviously competent to a point. This was always going to be the biggest club he ever managed, I'm sure he knew that anyway.

On the flipside, if we hadn't been drifting along with no owner and Jez doing his patented "put the club into deep freeze" move when there's a disengaged man at the top, he'd have been sacked ages ago on the basis of his shite football. I don't feel sorry for him. He'll get another job easily as he's quite obviously competent to a point. This was always going to be the biggest club he ever managed, I'm sure he knew that anyway.

Agreed, plus the fact he will get a nice pay off.

If Jackett leaves, I genuinely do wish him all the best and I hope he goes on to success elsewhere as I like the bloke. But even if we weren't on the market, I don't think he's able to take us any further anyway.

But I wouldn't say I feel sorry for him.

Hard to disagree with that. So I won't.

Putting 2+2 together here....

Dave Edwards (European 2016 semi-finalist) is being offered a new contract on the proviso he has a word in the ear of Bale! We need a new left winger.....

Hmmm - all the bookies appear to be shortening our odds for promotion quite dramatically all of a sudden.

Hmmm - all the bookies appear to be shortening our odds for promotion quite dramatically all of a sudden.

I'd put that down to lots of people like me putting money on due to the rumours rather than too much else. I got 30 to 1 btw

No doubt plenty of money put on in advance of this news. Championship odds are always very simple - if you've got lots of money, or you finished in the top eight or so the previous season, you'll get good odds.

I put a tenner on us going up at 33/1 a month or so ago, so that might be an extra bonus. Everything I've read about Lopetegui, though, says that he's not the type of manager to clear a club out and bring in his own players, instead working with what's there. Makes sense, as a national team manager, albeit at youth level.

He needs to clear this lot out though as loads of them are rubbish.

Caption competition: what is Kenny saying?

CmhQFb4WEAAPg8m.jpg

If Jackett leaves, I genuinely do wish him all the best and I hope he goes on to success elsewhere as I like the bloke. But even if we weren't on the market, I don't think he's able to take us any further anyway.

But I wouldn't say I feel sorry for him.

Agree with that, a decent bloke who stopped the rot, got us promoted. He was never going to take us any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back