• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently a reliable source.

Football League Zone ‏@TheFLZone · 16m16 minutes ago

Wolves Takeover deal is expected to be completed by Wednesday at the latest. #wwfc

Something about the Leicester academy manager being his number two, but other than that, no.

Wolves finally get their hands on Inigo Idiakez.

This has 100% confirmed the Lope rumour at least for me. Another Basque coach, knows English football, ridiculously obscure... No way is this made up.

All this is a football equivalent to Club Magazine.... Dick in hand and tissues at the ready.

Wolves Takeover deal is expected to be completed by Wednesday at the latest. #wwfc
Wednesday! I. Can't be the only one who can't put up with another day of this

Wolves finally get their hands on Inigo Idiakez.

This has 100% confirmed the Lope rumour at least for me. Another Basque coach, knows English football, ridiculously obscure... No way is this made up.
Bloody Hoddle and Idiakez. Wasting an entire summer chasing a 30+ year old who just wasn't available, end of, so we ended up with Anderton. Good work Glenn.

Fuck me, i'll have to lose some weight to get my Wolves shirt on. I'm going to go and get pissed, it's over 40C and I'll sweat like a cunt. Once up on a time there was a tavern. I'm going to sing all night in my local and tell everyone how great we are, again. I do it all the time. If this is true, it is gigantic.

I can't get my head around all of this. The prospect is just dizzying.

There is one thing that's nagging me though. Can anyone see why on Earth a Chinese billionaire would even think twice about buying Wolves over Milan? Or indeed Wolves over any other team in Europe that is currently up for sale?

Something just doesn't click for me.

* This hasn't stopped me from wearing out my F5 button today.

There is one thing that's nagging me though. Can anyone see why on Earth a Chinese billionaire would even think twice about buying Wolves over Milan? Or indeed Wolves over any other team in Europe that is currently up for sale?

Because the Premier League is the big league and we’re a damned site cheaper?

I'm going to sing all night in my local and tell everyone how great we are, again. I do it all the time.

I don't doubt it. One of the 250 at Boro last season all the way from Spain. Hardcore Wolves.

• Cheaper to buy outright compared to a Premier League club due to not actually being in the Premier League
  • Fantastic set up which is more than suited to the Premier League
  • Stadium redevelopment plans already submitted
  • Large fanbase
  • The colour gold
  • Strong symbolism throughout the club which could appeal to the Chinese market

Throughout all the years of supporting Wolves, we've never been as big a club as we COULD have been. Certainly not as big as we should have been, and I often wonder where we'd be if we'd have won the play offs in 95/95 with Sir Jack's backing in the top flight.

Of course, it's still all supposition and the level of investment is totally unknown at the moment, but it's impossible not to feel incredibly excited about where this could take us.

Because the Premier League is the big league and we’re a damned site cheaper?

If he wants to win the Champions League he'd be better off buying a French or Dutch club. Qualifying would be far easier than in the PL. Look at PSG. They'll qualify every season by just turning up.

Yes, a lot cheaper, huge potential and fan base, great academy all ready in place and with not too much investment, huge PL pay outs.

Morgan wants rid, milan would have cost hundreds of millions, plus debt. There are lot more rewards paying a lot less. He is an IT bloke. It's logical to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back