• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF it happens I am gonna be so pleased for our younger fans, who in the world of following teams they see on Sky have continued to support the Wolves who have done nothing in their supporting lifetime. I have the memories (dimly lit) of the 79/80 season when we truly competed thanks to the signing of the late great Emlyn Hughes. Lets just hope that they have the chance to support us as a top 6 Premier Club (I would like the oppurtunity to update my memories).
If it doesnt happen we will still support the mighty Wolves just like the fans who have supported Plymouth for years expecting nothing but hoping for something one day, it can happen Bournemouth proved that but thats just getting there, if this happens it could be much more than another Mick adventure in the prem. Much is said of the 100mil for prem clubs but 3 of them will be relegated at the end of the season regardless.
I live in hope but I wont believe it till it happens!!

This for me too, on personnel level my 4 year old son loves his Wolves kit and wears it every chance he can get, but in the back of my mind I always expected the day will come (bear in mind I live in a place where 90% support Man U, Liverpool and Celtic and if you support someone like Spurs you were eccentric) when he goes to school that he will come home and say "you never told me they were shit, I am going to support Utd like my mates."
Now I have a bit of hope...

SO anyway if it is true, where will we stand in the worlds (fucking hell never mind the prem) league of richest owners, presume Man City will still have a few more quid then us, who else?

This for me too, on personnel level my 4 year old son loves his Wolves kit and wears it every chance he can get, but in the back of my mind I always expected the day will come (bear in mind I live in a place where 90% support Man U, Liverpool and Celtic and if you support someone like Spurs you were eccentric) when he goes to school that he will come home and say "you never told me they were shit, I am going to support Utd like my mates."
Now I have a bit of hope...

The first kit my dad bought me, when we were in the 4th division, was Man U. I remember clearly being disappointed that I couldn't have a Wolves one and him saying that I'd get laughed off the pitch with it.

He told me we were shit, but that didn't stop me.

Sometimes I wish he'd persisted. If this goes through though (and if Mr Li wants to win the Champions League with us) I'll stop doing that.

Wasn't there rumours weeks ago that there were Chinese blokes looking round at Wolves? If so this has been trundling away in the background for a while.

The first kit my dad bought me, when we were in the 4th division, was Man U. I remember clearly being disappointed that I couldn't have a Wolves one and him saying that I'd get laughed off the pitch with it.

He told me we were shit, but that didn't stop me.

Sometimes I wish he'd persisted. If this goes through though (and if Mr Li wants to win the Champions League with us) I'll stop doing that.

We have that in common then, both my dad and bro are Utd fans as was I very briefly, the lure of Wolves being on central televisions and news highlights saw that Utd shirt thrown aside though. My first shirt was the ink & black, had been supporting all that year through div 3, so technically I could still be a glory fan...

Hmmm... We're apparently offering new deals to Ikeme, Batth and Edwards. Not sure when their current deals are due to expire?

Hmmm... We're apparently offering new deals to Ikeme, Batth and Edwards. Not sure when their current deals are due to expire?

That makes me wonder if all this takeover stuff is true - if we get rich and could buy good players, we wouldn't be giving extended contracts to ikeme and Edwards.

But they are three of our more experienced players - no matter who the owner is we still need to get out of the division and our experienced players are needed to help the new stellar talent bed in, also it is still business so when we get promoted and sell them well get higher fees as they will have time left on their contracts. That's my optimistic head on!

But they are three of our more experienced players - no matter who the owner is we still need to get out of the division and our experienced players are needed to help the new stellar talent bed in, also it is still business so when we get promoted and sell them well get higher fees as they will have time left on their contracts. That's my optimistic head on!

+1 and I clutching hard to that optimistic straw

Slides fuck up from what I can tell. The new contract is for Rob Edwards, not Dave Edwards.

I'd imagine that's just Jackett busying himself and trying to remain relevant whilst all this speculation is rife.

You'd think here's a transfer and contract embargo until we know where we're going to land on this.

Protecting investments innit. We can now ask 200k for Ikeme and £35m for Edwards

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 9m

To those asking, no press conference yet announced for today, certainly not expecting one. Jackett undertaking media duties as usual later.

Also:

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 36m36 minutes ago

Amusing how a weekend off turns into a 'gagging order'. #twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back