• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
More amusing than Tim's tweets. Gagging order or not, it doesn't negate the fact that he knows fuck all anyway.

Sounds like Moxey sorting out good deals for loyal players before he has no say in matters and those players are rightly replaced. I would say this is the end of Moxey, Thelwell and Jackett.

As exciting as this is I can't see any announcement being made until next week. That does not mean that the new owners wouldn't sanction new purchases so they can hit the ground running when they officially do take over and it's not uncommon for funds to go in prior to a full takeover of any unlisted business.

Gagging order! Took a rare look over at the Mix and saw all the absurd talk there about that - I hope this doesn't take too much longer, I can't handle all these conspiracy theories.

I know exactly what Spiers will have done since last week: He'll have called around his sources in the club to try and confirm the initial rumours in Spain, been told nothing on the record that he could use, and then reported nothing more than those initial rumours before knocking off on Friday afternoon like most of the rest of us. The bar's lower than it used to be in terms of reporting pure rumour but the rule in journalism is you a) get a first tip and b) get a second source to confirm it before printing something, and as much as self-declared ITKs are flooding social media with "I saw Iker Casillas in Asda" it's all a lot more heat than light right now.

What might have happened is he's heard more off the record and isn't reporting it, for whatever reason - maybe he's been promised a big interview with the new manager or owner if a takeover goes through, and he wants to keep the club sweet - but I think it's kind of unfair on the guy. If he prints random rumours and they're wrong, he pisses people off; if he doesn't report anything because there isn't anything solid to report, then he isn't indulging our desperate need for some good Wolves news (guilty myself of this, tbh). It's not going to make a takeover happen faster, and asking for the club to deny things are happening doesn't make any sense when they're legally bound to basically repeat the legal line they've had since the sale was announced ("something's happening but we cannot confirm or deny specific rumours in order to protect anonymity of those who have enquired", in short.)

I'm pretty sure this is happening, but some of the people I've seen (especially on Twitter) need to accept that they won't be able to open their presents until Christmas morning!

Sounds like Moxey sorting out good deals for loyal players before he has no say in matters and those players are rightly replaced. I would say this is the end of Moxey, Thelwell and Jackett.

As exciting as this is I can't see any announcement being made until next week. That does not mean that the new owners wouldn't sanction new purchases so they can hit the ground running when they officially do take over and it's not uncommon for funds to go in prior to a full takeover of any unlisted business.

Johnny, if Wolves have made approaches to certain Portuguese players, who do you think is picking these players, Thelwell or the new manager in waiting?

I ask this, as I find it hard to believe, that we have chosen a new manager and gone in for players from Portugal, If the new Chinese owner isn't a certainty. On the other hand the whole lot what we have been fed, could be bullshitt. I still haven't read one denial from lopetegui on the radio, telivision or social media, over here.

I am interested on your take, on the question I asked.

Gagging order! Took a rare look over at the Mix and saw all the absurd talk there about that - I hope this doesn't take too much longer, I can't handle all these conspiracy theories.

I know exactly what Spiers will have done since last week: He'll have called around his sources in the club to try and confirm the initial rumours in Spain, been told nothing on the record that he could use, and then reported nothing more than those initial rumours before knocking off on Friday afternoon like most of the rest of us. The bar's lower than it used to be in terms of reporting pure rumour but the rule in journalism is you a) get a first tip and b) get a second source to confirm it before printing something, and as much as self-declared ITKs are flooding social media with "I saw Iker Casillas in Asda" it's all a lot more heat than light right now.

What might have happened is he's heard more off the record and isn't reporting it, for whatever reason - maybe he's been promised a big interview with the new manager or owner if a takeover goes through, and he wants to keep the club sweet - but I think it's kind of unfair on the guy. If he prints random rumours and they're wrong, he pisses people off; if he doesn't report anything because there isn't anything solid to report, then he isn't indulging our desperate need for some good Wolves news (guilty myself of this, tbh). It's not going to make a takeover happen faster, and asking for the club to deny things are happening doesn't make any sense when they're legally bound to basically repeat the legal line they've had since the sale was announced ("something's happening but we cannot confirm or deny specific rumours in order to protect anonymity of those who have enquired", in short.)

I'm pretty sure this is happening, but some of the people I've seen (especially on Twitter) need to accept that they won't be able to open their presents until Christmas morning!

Good post.

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 3m3 minutes ago
Bit of background information on @OfficialWolves, the potential Chinese takeover and @julenlopetegui...

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 59s59 seconds ago
Julen has rejected offers from La Liga clubs because of the exciting possibility of becoming a powerful coach/manager with @OfficialWolves

I like Tim 2 but this made me laugh:

@MarkoC88 something's happening. Takeover info is sparse, hearing conflicting messages on that, but I've no reason to doubt Lopetegui link.

It's his job to find out about stuff where info is sparse!

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 3m3 minutes ago
Bit of background information on @OfficialWolves, the potential Chinese takeover and @julenlopetegui...

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 59s59 seconds ago
Julen has rejected offers from La Liga clubs because of the exciting possibility of becoming a powerful coach/manager with @OfficialWolves

He has been saying that since last week. Still no denial from lopetegui!!!

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 1m1 minute ago
On @OfficialWolves and the possible takeover. Two of the best known/most powerful agents behind negotiations: Carlos Bucero and Jorge Mendes

EDIT: Way too slow.

@GuillemBalague
On @OfficialWolves and the possible takeover. Two of the best known/most powerful agents behind negotiations: Carlos Bucero and Jorge Mendes

I've never heard of Carlos Bucero. I was aware of Jorge Mendes before all this madness started.

I like Tim 2 but this made me laugh:

@MarkoC88 something's happening. Takeover info is sparse, hearing conflicting messages on that, but I've no reason to doubt Lopetegui link.

It's his job to find out about stuff where info is sparse!

It's pretty crappy joining the dots from him, if he has "no reason to doubt" the Lopetegui link then there has to be a boardroom change? Moxey would have sacked Ken months ago if he was that way minded and Lopetegui isn't going to come and manage a club with no budget.

Even disregarding the Lopetegui link, if there is a manager change it would make absolutely no sense to sack KJ now rather than - at the very latest - the end of the season. It would be suicidal and would have wasted valuable weeks of pre-season preparation.

Something is definitely going on, but at present, we don't know what, with whom, when or how much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back