• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this why Thelwell was at the Copa America?

Have spent my entire life relying on too good to be true, but...

Wouldn't read too much into that. Until a deal is signed it would be negligent not to continue with normal scouting (and, indeed, training) plans, in case it all falls through at the last minute.

Wouldn't read too much into that. Until a deal is signed it would be negligent not to continue with normal scouting (and, indeed, training) plans, in case it all falls through at the last minute.

Thelwell and Jackett can both go, for me...Not that bothered about Moxey staying either.

Thelwell and Jackett can both go, for me...Not that bothered about Moxey staying either.

A new owner means we need a clean sweep of everyone - Moxey, Thelwell, KJ, Gallen, Baord Members.

I don't see anyone whose job could be considered safe after a takeover like this. Tony Daley, maybe, and the physio team, but this sounds like the kind of project where they replace the coaching staff wholesale with their own people, Thelwell included. They might keep some people on, like Rob Edwards, to help bridge the gap between the players and the (possibly non-English speaking) incoming coaches, but if I was working at Molineux at any level higher than the gift shop I'd be dusting off my CV, just in case.

Getting ahead of myself a bit here, though...

Right I'm having a shit day mainly sat at Birmingham airport because of cancelled flights, so I'm believing this!

It's going to happen, we will have a multi billionaire owner and a new manager. We will spend lots of money and we will be promoted. It's gonna happen!!!

So he's about 20 times richer than Steve Morgan?

@tim_spiers_Star 5m5 minutes ago
Just spoken to Kenny Jackett who says he's been told nothing of imminent takeover or of him being replaced. Story on @ExpressandStar shortly

It's all going on behind his back!!

q.gif

Just to be Norman the sceptical for a moment... Would a Chinese buy a team that plays in black? Tough one as gold is a lucky colour in China, but black most emphatically isn't...

Just to be Norman the sceptical for a moment... Would a Chinese buy a team that plays in black? Tough one as gold is a lucky colour in China, but black most emphatically isn't...

We don't play in black!

Would also be nice if they changed the colour to actual gold, not the orange we're in now.

Spiers saying he's spoken to Jackett, who's heard nothing - but then why would he? Nobody at the club now will have anything to do with any discussions with Lopetegui, if they are actually happening.

It's all going on behind his back!!

Good work E&S again. The board are hardly likely to say "Hi Ken, we're close to completing a sale for the club which will mean that you will definitely be out on your ear. But prepare everything as normal in the meantime, after all the season starts in five weeks and we do sort of need everyone preparing properly".

Let's be honest, these rumours won't go away until the club put out a statement categorically denying everything that is being rumoured. Which they haven't done. But they have categorically denied things in the past, such as bids being accepted for players etc so why wouldn't they deny it.... Unless.....

Unless.......

Let's be honest, these rumours won't go away until the club put out a statement categorically denying everything that is being rumoured. Which they haven't done. But they have categorically denied things in the past, such as bids being accepted for players etc so why wouldn't they deny it.... Unless.....

Unless.......

They legally can't confirm or deny anything, though. That's the difference with a club takeover versus a mere player sale. The statement yesterday was pretty much all they could say, and trying to divine anything from it is no better than reading meaning into tea leaves.

Good work E&S again. The board are hardly likely to say "Hi Ken, we're close to completing a sale for the club which will mean that you will definitely be out on your ear. But prepare everything as normal in the meantime, after all the season starts in five weeks and we do sort of need everyone preparing properly".

Or "Hi Ken can you stop looking blankly at the tactical board for a minute and why have you got 11 Dave Edwards on the pitch? but anyway sorry Ken new owners coming in, so you are out on your ear but in the meantime keep your gob shut and carry on as normal, and as we will be upto our bollocks in money we will give you a shedload to keep quiet"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back