• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
'...while there is ongoing dialogue.'

Tends to point towards the fact they're talking to at least one interested party.

I'm at the stage now where I'd consider Adolf Hitler as owner if he had serious money behind him! Please be true.

The rumours a while back were that nothing would be announced until the 1st July for tax reasons - any reason that would be true?

It does all seem really weird. I'm struggling to keep up with it all but is it now being reported by multiple sources in Spain?

All of them, now. The relevance being he was to replace Del Bosque. So now he isn't available for the national team becase he is our new manager.

A word of caution, he managed Real Vallecano for a few years, about 12 years ago. All of the other teams are very mediocre, apart from Porto. Most of his Managerial life is with under18's, 19' and under 21, for Spain. He won the European chamionships, under 19 and under 21. He really hasnt got a lot of Managerial experience at first team level.
This Is why I said earlier, about taking over the academy or something like that. I reiterate, The good managers are usually with the top clubs, not the national side. Del Bosque was a replacement manager at Real Madrid, although he won major titles, he was replaced as soon as they found an established manager.

Guillem Balagué now reporting it. Doesn't make it official, yes, but one of the more senior journalists working in Spain reporting it would suggest this has legs: https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/748463496405393408

(Pasting the text of his three tweets here: "What an exciting prospect for @julenlopetegui to coach @OfficialWolves! It should be all confirmed sometime next week if all agreed / For those of u who are asking about @julenlopetegui: a coach that likes to dominate, but want his teams to control all phases/styles / His teams are aggressive, likes to pressure high, want the ball but can counter. Young, ambitious and was touted to be national coach")

I guess we'll know on Monday. Look out for any announcements of a press conference over the weekend.

Hmmmmmm, seems to be gathering pace.

I refuse to get excited. It just sounds too good to be true.

I did think it was suspiciously quiet on transfers, in or out, even with the Euros in the background - other clubs have started making moves, and I'd have thought we'd have heard something about Iorfa or Hause being targeted at the very least. The Sylla rumours suddenly dropped away, too. Would make sense if negotiations had started with a serious bidder over the last couple of weeks.

If Deutsch has started this rumour to pass the time I'll be really mad! :icon_lol:

Seriously for someone like Balague to be getting involved there must be SOMETHING to it... What a fantastic, belated birthday present it would be but must not get excited

fuck it, I am convinced it is happened........if it doesn't I am sure I can blame KJ, Doherty & Jez somehow.......

I did think it was suspiciously quiet on transfers, in or out, even with the Euros in the background - other clubs have started making moves, and I'd have thought we'd have heard something about Iorfa or Hause being targeted at the very least. The Sylla rumours suddenly dropped away, too. Would make sense if negotiations had started with a serious bidder over the last couple of weeks.

Not started, more like reached a point after many months of negotiations where we're nearly there...

Not started, more like reached a point after many months of negotiations where we're nearly there...

True! I mean more in the sense of crossed a line from "informal talks" to "formal talks". If this was Football Manager, the board would have announced a transfer embargo until the situation is resolved.

Spiers has also tweeted that the rumours aren't going away, which I suppose is his way of saying "I have no fucking clue what's going on, stop tweeting me to ask".

Spiers has also tweeted that the rumours aren't going away, which I suppose is his way of saying "I have no $#@!ing clue what's going on, stop tweeting me to ask".

Not paid to know about anything foreign to do with football...Tim II

Is this why Thelwell was at the Copa America?

Have spent my entire life relying on too good to be true, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back