• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been learning from Jonzy I see...

One picks up on these things...

I can comprehensively say that I, much the same as DW, have not been spreading any rumours on this. I am also retired from that line of internet amusement.

Now would be the perfect time to spread a rumour though.

Asamoah Gyan to Wolves on £60K p/w...

Seems bizarre. Would any club announce a purchase of the club and 5 signings on the same day?

On a related note, with the amount of people involved in 5 signings, then surely there would have been leaks of information happening.

Your applying normal business to Football and it's not. Business is designed to make a profit for the shareholders.
Football we want results we want money invested, without that money coming from the owner what is the CEO supposed to do?

can't agree. non-profit organisations for instance will have a mission and a strategy to achieve their set purpose and be judged on the success or failure of it. saying it's not like normal business and referencing profit is a smokescreen. it seems to me, in any case, when we had money at our disposal we followed a different path because we had no clear strategy nor real direction to achieve the set mission.

Seems bizarre. Would any club announce a purchase of the club and 5 signings on the same day?

On a related note, with the amount of people involved in 5 signings, then surely there would have been leaks of information happening.

Can you imagine the amount of coronaries if they did?

There have been leaks of information. The wife/girl friend of one of the players has said that he'll be joining us... You don't get much bigger leaks than that.

If the five signings all had the same agent, and that agent was also advising on the sale you have no further leak exposure unless the players themselves leak it. And their agent would be telling them not to, as he has six lots of huge bunce tied up in making the whole thing happen.

There have been leaks of information. The wife/girl friend of one of the players has said that he'll be joining us... You don't get much bigger leaks than that.
Yeah, but hasn't she said/implied he's joining different teams? Plus, one gf out of five? Surely best mates and similar would have heard something and spilled, whether deliberately or accidentally?
If the five signings all had the same agent, and that agent was also advising on the sale you have no further leak exposure unless the players themselves leak it. And their agent would be telling them not to, as he has six lots of huge bunce tied up in making the whole thing happen.
This seems more feasible, given the rumoured Mendes involvement.

Ah shit. I need to know whether I need to be excited tomorrow or whether, as Quirk says, it is another day of wibble...

can't agree. non-profit organisations for instance will have a mission and a strategy to achieve their set purpose and be judged on the success or failure of it. saying it's not like normal business and referencing profit is a smokescreen. it seems to me, in any case, when we had money at our disposal we followed a different path because we had no clear strategy nor real direction to achieve the set mission.

So when we had money, our direction was to get in the premier league - Achieved
Stay there - Achieved for 2 seasons
Spend even more money - Johnstone, O'Hara etc, none of which was Moxey, it was Morgan backing Mick.

Not for Proffit, still make a profit, however spend what they make on there charities...

We want Wolves run at a loss, with one man funding it (Morgan)
Morgan say's to Moxey, cut you cloth according to income, which we have done, unfortunately doing that will not lead to anything but where we are.

The owner sets is objectives

the Owner will say, I am giving you nothing what you get you can spend, or not as the case may be.
The owner will say, |We need to at the very least break even, that's up to the Moxter to have discussion with the manager, and say you have to sell to buy.

Or have I missed the point Where Moxey, bought the club and is the sole man who decides what money is spent on the purchase of players.

this hatred of a single guy (Moxey) is foolish and embarrassing.

The total blame lies with 2 men

Morgan
McCarthy

Whilst the PR is shocking and that can be attributed to Moxey, the Football, and the direction is Morgan's.

I really liked Morgan right up to the relegation from the Championship, it was his decisions that caused that.

Now I am happy he is going

So much wrong with that. WWFC is a football club that has had £30,000,010 investment since Steve Morgan signed to buy the club. WWFC is a separate entity to Steve Morgan and has to operate as such.

I'm not sure you understand any sort of corporate structure so I will bow out and wish you good luck with your argument.

So when we had money, our direction was to get in the premier league - Achieved
Stay there - Achieved for 2 seasons
Spend even more money - Johnstone, O'Hara etc, none of which was Moxey, it was Morgan backing Mick.

Not for Proffit, still make a profit, however spend what they make on there charities...

We want Wolves run at a loss, with one man funding it (Morgan)
Morgan say's to Moxey, cut you cloth according to income, which we have done, unfortunately doing that will not lead to anything but where we are.

The owner sets is objectives

the Owner will say, I am giving you nothing what you get you can spend, or not as the case may be.
The owner will say, |We need to at the very least break even, that's up to the Moxter to have discussion with the manager, and say you have to sell to buy.

Or have I missed the point Where Moxey, bought the club and is the sole man who decides what money is spent on the purchase of players.

this hatred of a single guy (Moxey) is foolish and embarrassing.

The total blame lies with 2 men

Morgan
McCarthy

Whilst the PR is shocking and that can be attributed to Moxey, the Football, and the direction is Morgan's.

I really liked Morgan right up to the relegation from the Championship, it was his decisions that caused that.

Now I am happy he is going

who mentioned hatred for moxey? is there a disease on this forum for deliberately misreading people's posts or has it just spread from the EU/brexit threads.

if jez as ceo set an objective that we should get promoted to the Premier League a couple of times, get relegated a couple of times and end up where we today as the method to entice a Chinese billionaire to buy the club, then he'd have been a success.

we've had the opportunities and cash to be better than where we are. you think the failure should not in any way be allocated to the ceo, which wouldn't explain how he was able to share in any periodic successes. sincerely hope we get a better board to deliver strategy forward. I actually don't mind if jez is on it, but that doesnt change my view of performance as a ceo to this point.

Jez joined us in 2000 with an owner who wasn't putting a lot more external cash in (he changed his tune a year later, but that's our Jack for you). We were a team that generally flirted with the playoffs in this division but more often than not missed out. We had average gates around the 20k mark. We've had spikes of improvement in the intervening 16 years but we really have not progressed massively as a club - the long standing improvements that have been made (wrt training ground/Academy) have been owner driven rather than any initiative he's brought in as CEO, our ticketing structure hasn't moved on a jot since then, we habitually make the same mistakes as a club...he can't hide behind the owner when we're talking about 16 years of relative stasis.

Any idea on if Dave Edwards was asked about it on SkySports news earlier?

Any idea on if Dave Edwards was asked about it on SkySports news earlier?
Yes. Didn't say much other than the players just have to get on with things and the manager has it worse as he can't plan and sign players and he knows he job might be ending.

Dave is back at Wolves in 2 weeks time. So back in time to start v Rotherham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back