• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 6m6 minutes ago
@dakotabeatsj a statement confirming 'advanced talks with buyer' would have satisfied baying hordes a little. But I can see why they haven't

Because, at this moment in time they legally cannot say anything maybe? Why post the first bit....poke the angry wasps nest why don't ya Timmy II

The 'baying hordes' (not the term I would use) have only known about this news for a fortnight. If they've whipped themselves up into such a frenzy in that time then nothing that the club could legally or realistically have said would have placated them at all. They always want everything done yesterday.

The 'baying hordes' (not the term I would use) have only known about this news for a fortnight. If they've whipped themselves up into such a frenzy in that time then nothing that the club could legally or realistically have said would have placated them at all. They always want everything done yesterday.

5 minutes in Cyberville equals 1 day. So a whole 2 weeks for people to cope has been too much

I can't deal with five players being announced at the same time too. That adds to the excitement/frustration!

Ikeme, Batth & Edwards signing new deals are 3 of them and Dicko & Williamson returning to training...#likeanewsigning #goodoldmoxey

Williamson return to training? That's the most ridiculous rumour I've heard all week. ;)

I can't deal with five players being announced at the same time too. That adds to the excitement/frustration!

The last time we announced a huge glut of signings in one day it didn't turn out too well...

I don't think that happens at all and you have no clue what happens at board level so you can't say what you have with any certainty. Usually CEO's have a plan agreed with the other board members and then oversees that plan. The CEO's responsibility is to both the board and the shareholders. It would be the CEO's responsibility to carry out the plan and explain why the plan has not worked. Shareholders (in this case Morgan) will rely mainly on results and ask questions as to why things are going well, how they can be improved or why things are going badly and how things can be improved. It is rare that shareholders come up with answers to these questions and rely on either consultants to be brought in or in most cases the opinion of the board, staff and most importantly the CEO.

It is a poor CEO that relies on the owner/ shareholders to hire and fire staff members. The CEO should take charge of that situation and if they do not then they are not fit for the role. The 2 relegations are on Moxey's watch as well as the financial performance of the club. You could argue he has failed spectacularly with the financial running of the club as his ideas for revenue generation seems to be asset stripping and the hardest financial penalty has been a double relegation.

The biggest knock on Morgan is why he hasn't replaced him.

this in spades. a CEO needs to provide a vision and the method of achieving the vision and be judged on the success or otherwise of that. trying to abrogate responsibility for that to the people he/she appoints is complete bullshit and a recipe for failure. reality is we've had better opportunities than most to be in a far better position than we are, just look at the clubs in the premiership to see that. so on that basis, we have failed. most clearly in bringing to the club any expertise that matched what we were trying to achieve.

the PR has been dreadful but nowhere near as bad as mission delivery, culminating in the Ryan mcshite incident that simply waved the flag of admitted failure.

regardless of JM's role I hope the club post takeover ibecomes better equipped to deliver long term success and not simply because of an open cheque book.

this in spades.

free-get-out-gif-888.gif

Let's humour that article. Who would the five players be?

Ivan Cavaleiro
Anderson Talisca

... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back