• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the fucking CEO, he makes the decisions not fucking Morgan.

Our relegations were down to the Managers, and the owner,

I missed the part where Moxey picks the team, or actually puts his money in.
He has his objectives decided by Morgan

Remind me again who hire and fires the managers?

Morgan
yes he's the CEO who is responsible for the day to day running of the club in line with the orders received from Morgan.

Morgan makes the decisions Moxey Implements said decisions.

Morgan will say this is how I want to do things, Moxey say's cool, I'll run it as you require.

If that does not meet with the fans approval aim your ire at morgan

Didn't Morgan hire Stale and Deano and fire them both?

Jez put KJ forward as the new manager. Should have binned him last season but didn't want to make the call.

I personally don't have an opinion one way or another on the job Moxey has done. I've never really got worked up over him. I do, however, think that after 16 years it would be best for both him and the club to get somebody new in just to freshen it up. It must be difficult to carry on doing your job to the best of your ability after so long (says the man who has been in his own job for 14 years...!)

I personally don't have an opinion one way or another on the job Moxey has done. I've never really got worked up over him. I do, however, think that after 16 years it would be best for both him and the club to get somebody new in just to freshen it up. It must be difficult to carry on doing your job to the best of your ability after so long (says the man who has been in his own job for 14 years...!)

That's a different argument, and one I can understand, maybe it is time to move on for him.
However, I would piss myself laughing if the new man came in and left Jez at the helm, it would be fun to watch both forums explode

Our relegations were down to the Managers, and the owner,

I missed the part where Moxey picks the team, or actually puts his money in.
He has his objectives decided by Morgan

I surprised Diamond didn't use that stance for the LIBOR fixing.

"It wasn't me, it was the shareholders and managers".

FFS Glasgow, he is the CEO, he ultimately takes responsible for everything down to how strong the tea lady makes the tea.

Morgan
yes he's the CEO who is responsible for the day to day running of the club in line with the orders received from Morgan.

Morgan makes the decisions Moxey Implements said decisions.

Morgan will say this is how I want to do things, Moxey say's cool, I'll run it as you require.

If that does not meet with the fans approval aim your ire at morgan

I don't think that happens at all and you have no clue what happens at board level so you can't say what you have with any certainty. Usually CEO's have a plan agreed with the other board members and then oversees that plan. The CEO's responsibility is to both the board and the shareholders. It would be the CEO's responsibility to carry out the plan and explain why the plan has not worked. Shareholders (in this case Morgan) will rely mainly on results and ask questions as to why things are going well, how they can be improved or why things are going badly and how things can be improved. It is rare that shareholders come up with answers to these questions and rely on either consultants to be brought in or in most cases the opinion of the board, staff and most importantly the CEO.

It is a poor CEO that relies on the owner/ shareholders to hire and fire staff members. The CEO should take charge of that situation and if they do not then they are not fit for the role. The 2 relegations are on Moxey's watch as well as the financial performance of the club. You could argue he has failed spectacularly with the financial running of the club as his ideas for revenue generation seems to be asset stripping and the hardest financial penalty has been a double relegation.

The biggest knock on Morgan is why he hasn't replaced him.

I'd rather Moxey left, but quite obviously Moxey with a shitload of cash to spend is going to be working under vastly different circumstances with Moxey balancing the books.

What it can't fix is the awful PR we've had over the past few years, and that simply HAS to be down to the CEO. That's why I wanted a fresh start, with new people on the board who could start life at Wolves with the fans on side as we begin a new era at the club.

I certainly don't think Moxey is to blame for everything, and the way he's made out to be some kind of evil overlord is totally cringeworthy. I honestly believe that some people hate Moxey more than they love Wolves, and I don't know what they'd take their inferiority complexes out on if he was to go.

So ideally, Moxey leaves with Morgan and Jackett but if he doesn't, the next best thing is someone else making the PR decisions and being the 'face' of the club. But it's the CEO who makes the decisions in the first place! I dunno - let's see exactly who comes in and how they want the club set up first.

That's a different argument, and one I can understand, maybe it is time to move on for him.
However, I would piss myself laughing if the new man came in and left Jez at the helm, it would be fun to watch both forums explode

I'm not sure this one would be fair. I don't hate the bloke, I do think he has done a poor job for a few years and is also passed the sell by date of a CEO. New man, new ideas.

Didn't Morgan hire Stale and Deano and fire them both?

Jez put KJ forward as the new manager. Should have binned him last season but didn't want to make the call.
Or may have been optimistic that takeover processes would be completed in the close season?

It wouldn't have mattered if he'd binned him then, we were going nowhere with or without Kenny.

I'd rather Moxey left, but quite obviously Moxey with a shitload of cash to spend is going to be working under vastly different circumstances with Moxey balancing the books.

What it can't fix is the awful PR we've had over the past few years, and that simply HAS to be down to the CEO. That's why I wanted a fresh start, with new people on the board who could start life at Wolves with the fans on side as we begin a new era at the club.

I certainly don't think Moxey is to blame for everything, and the way he's made out to be some kind of evil overlord is totally cringeworthy. I honestly believe that some people hate Moxey more than they love Wolves, and I don't know what they'd take their inferiority complexes out on if he was to go.

So ideally, Moxey leaves with Morgan and Jackett but if he doesn't, the next best thing is someone else making the PR decisions and being the 'face' of the club. But it's the CEO who makes the decisions in the first place! I dunno - let's see exactly who comes in and how they want the club set up first.

Can't disagree with much of that to be honest. That's where he has failed IMHO, PR, and it's up to him to hire / fire the Marketing / Press department, who's job it is to handle the PR Side..

That to me is Moxey's only failing

as the perfect pantomime villain. i would imagine Moxey is getting some sadistic pleasure at the ever lengthening drama being played out to the fans frustration.

as the perfect pantomime villain. i would imagine Moxey is getting some sadistic pleasure at the ever lengthening drama being played out to the fans frustration.

I would imagine he's more concerned about what it means for his future. And indeed, the future of the club.

‏@tim_spiers_Star 23s24 seconds ago
To those asking (daily) questions about a press conference...when the media invite goes out, you'll know.

How funny would it be if some of press were invited - but the E&S weren't?

Moxey has had at various points lots of autonomy at the club, you cannot claim that he just does what Morgan tells him, besides which if he really were just a corporate underling then he wouldn't justify a salary which currently sits at £500k p/a and has been in seven figures in the past.

He's a competent enough administrator, he has done some good work in player sales in the past (though not to the level that it's now blown up to, I don't for instance give him that much credit for the fees we got for Fletcher and Jarvis), he's well respected in footballing circles, he's pretty adept at taking the flak from fans without flouncing off...but ultimately he's got at best two gears in how to run a club. That approach went stale a while ago, I don't see how it fits with us having #madpapes to throw around so if he can't adapt to an entirely new way of thinking then I don't think he'll last long regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back