• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
That just took me to my Twitter home page!

He has recently followed

Rousell Youll (E&S Sports Editor)
Mol Mix
Wolves Blog
TWF
Wolves Talk
Wolves Fancast
Wolves News
Wolves U21 & U18 (Compton Wolves)
Tim II
Official Wolves
Nathan Judah (E&S)

I really hope we get a British assistant head coach/manager in to bridge the gap. That is my main worry. I also feel very sorry for the rest of the backroom staff, such as physios and academy coaches, whose positions are under threat. One thing we do have are great relationships between staff and players, and if some of the staff are sacked I fear we'll have an unhappy group of players on our hands, let's hope they grasp the vision like the rest of us.
Do you lot reckon Lopetegui will keep the majority of staff? I wouldn't mind Rob Edwards being assistant head coach to be honest. We also need someone with vast football experience higher up to assist Li (if it is him) with key decisions. It's one thing having a multi-billionaire as an owner, but another thing is making sure the club is run properly unlike QPR.

Guillem Balague – Verified account ‏@GuillemBalague

Next week crucial for potential takeover of @OfficialWolves. Investor EXPECTS documentation (with @EFL, not @FA) approved early in the week

Fingers crossed jinks

I really hope we get a British assistant head coach/manager in to bridge the gap. That is my main worry. I also feel very sorry for the rest of the backroom staff, such as physios and academy coaches, whose positions are under threat. One thing we do have are great relationships between staff and players, and if some of the staff are sacked I fear we'll have an unhappy group of players on our hands, let's hope they grasp the vision like the rest of us.
Do you lot reckon Lopetegui will keep the majority of staff? I wouldn't mind Rob Edwards being assistant head coach to be honest. We also need someone with vast football experience higher up to assist Li (if it is him) with key decisions. It's one thing having a multi-billionaire as an owner, but another thing is making sure the club is run properly unlike QPR.

I think there will be a major overhaul of the back room staff, maybe not immediately, but the new man will want his own team with him.

Said before, I'd expect everyone out on the coaching side except for the physio department and maybe Tony Daley. I thought Rob Edwards might've been kept as a bridge between the new coaches and the players but if we're pursuing people like Idiakez to be Lopetegui's assistant, that would suggest we're going to recruit a Spanish coach with experience of working in England for that role.

I dont see any problem to change most of our crew

Like most people, I'd hope for some British input - at least in knowing the Championship. But the rest of them can go - and that certainly includes whoever passed Mike Williamson for a medical

I dont see any problem to change most of our crew

The larger the volume of change the greater the length of time it takes for peopl to get used to it. Therefore some continuity is preferable IMO.

The larger the volume of change the greater the length of time it takes for peopl to get used to it. Therefore some continuity is preferable IMO.
Has been toxic last season though, you dont want anymore of that

I'd keep Rob Edwards because he seems to be quite highly rated as a young coach, depends what the new manager wants. I'd be disappointed if this meant a shift away from the focus on our academy and the good work that is being done at youth level.

Has been toxic last season though, you dont want anymore of that

I'm not sure toxic, more underwhelming.

I'm not suggesting anyone incompetent should remain, just that not all of the back room staff are poor and some continuity should remain.

I'm not sure toxic, more underwhelming.

I'm not suggesting anyone incompetent should remain, just that not all of the back room staff are poor and some continuity should remain.
Ok, so who was good last season? Im agreeing with you bytheway but how do we pinpoint who did a good job last season?

I can't see there being a major overhaul of the academy staff, the changes we see will be in the main staff... Director of Football, Manager, Assistant, Goalkeeper Coach but I can see the fitness regime staying, for a little while at least, until the manager gets settled in and gets to know the players. He will need some link between old and new

I had a look around to see what the rest of Lopetegui's team from Porto is up to. Found this article (http://www.eurosport.es/futbol/lope...-para-contratar-a-iker_sto5092012/story.shtml) which mentions three names as his "team": Juan Carlos Martinez, Julian Calero, and Juan Carlos Arevalo (that's the guy on Twitter).

Julian Calero was Lopetegui's assistant, but he was just appointed assistant to Fernando Hierro at Real Oviedo, which might explain why we were apparently after Idiakez instead. Juan Carlos Martinez was fitness coach under Lopetegui, and he's still unemployed as far as I can tell. Daley might be getting replaced, then, but it also doesn't give us any firmer idea if he'll bring in his own first team coaches as well or whether someone like Rob Edwards might still have some use.

Also, an extremely minor nugget of interesting info I just found - Lopetegui was managing Porto when they played at West Brom in a pre-season friendly, before the 14/15 season opened, so he's visited this part of the UK at least once before.

I'm convinced 100% it's happening now, btw, because of that Twitter follow splurge by Arevalo. The account's legit, there's no other possible explanation than he's coming here.

Ok, so who was good last season? Im agreeing with you bytheway but how do we pinpoint who did a good job last season?

The youth system seems to be paying dividends so I wouldn't introduce much change there. I don't know if we are any fitter (or less) than other teams so in the short term this could remain unchanged.

Scouting/recruitment has been poor so this definitely needs upgrading.

We'll have to keep Moxey as well because otherwise who will taste the pies?

Some bloke on the USA Wolves Facebook page reckons the papers are now a formality and Li has already bid £15m for someone (presumably Cavaleiro?).

I loved to dream that maybe we could be the next Manchester City (it could reasonably happen to anyone, right?), but never imagined it would actually happen. What a time to be a Wolf.

We'll have to keep Moxey as well because otherwise who will taste the pies?

I could go for a pie if it had kung pao tofu in it.

Mmm. With egg roll crust. Yes please.

More likely a chicken balti or steak pie at Molineux.

I don't think Peking Duck is suddenly going to be on the pre-match menu (although I can dream...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back