• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
More likely a chicken balti or steak pie at Molineux.

I don't think Peking Duck is suddenly going to be on the pre-match menu (although I can dream...)

I'd say menu adjustments are small wishes compared to the takeover of the club by a gazillionaire! Our hopes aren't dead yet!

If the papers with the FL are the fit and proper test stuff, there is nothing obvious to make that a no go, so pretty much done on that front.

Not sure what the Fit & Proper test asks but from some owners out there (Leeds for example) it can't be very strict at all.

You can't be disqualified as a director
You can't be bankrupt
You can't have been in charge of more than two businesses that have gone bust.

If he's fit and proper enough for General Ban Ki Moon I doubt he'll have too many problems with the FA.

If his net worth is as reported and he has made commitments properly backed up in the way I'd expect the club/seller to have required then FA approval will be a formality.

I don't think we'd pay £15 million while in the Championship, though a loan with a view to that fee if we're promoted is just possible.
For me, the exciting thing in this takeover is the link to the (allegedly) dodgy but well connected Mendes and that Lopetegui wouldn't come to us without the promise of serious money.
I know some fans are getting giddy over this but it's the most optimistic I've felt for Wolves in years.

I don't think we'd pay £15 million while in the Championship

Fulham spent £10m. So spending £15m, if you have it, is not a massive stretch in the current climate of money in football

Fulham spent £10m. So spending £15m, if you have it, is not a massive stretch in the current climate of money in football

I think it's going to be hard to break from the "we don't spend as much as all the other clubs" that we've gotten used to...It's going to take a while for me to get used to Wolves splashing the cash (if that's what happens)

Not been around much this week & have tried to act blase about this situation (though have been regularly checking in to see what, if anything, has had confirmation)

Seems like this is really true & WILL HAPPEN.

Has brought me out of the stupor that next season was going to bring if nothing had changed - may still go tits up, but at least it won't be as soul destroying as the end of last season when I was struggling to stay awake.

As to changes in the club there is little that is absolutely sacrosacnt for me - can (officially) call the stadium what they want will still be known as & called the current name anyway. Badges, we have had a few & there will be differing opinions on which is best - don't know what the wolf means for chinese symbolism (not one of their 'year of the' animals), but would have thought that they would want to retain any brand image that was linked to us.

Coaching/recruitment staff can change - its not as if we have had massive sucess with the current crew, though hopefully they will retain some continuity in the Academy which has started to produce beneficial assets.

Not been around much this week & have tried to act blase about this situation (though have been regularly checking in to see what, if anything, has had confirmation)

Has brought me out of the stupor that next season was going to bring if nothing had changed - may still go tits up, but at least it won't be as soul destroying as the end of last season when I was struggling to stay awake.

As to changes in the club there is little that is absolutely sacrosacnt for me - can (officially) call the stadium what they want will still be known as & called the current name anyway. Badges, we have had a few & there will be differing opinions on which is best - don't know what the wolf means for chinese symbolism (not one of their 'year of the' animals), but would have thought that they would want to retain any brand image that was linked to us.

Coaching/recruitment staff can change - its not as if we have had massive sucess with the current crew, though hopefully they will retain some continuity in the Academy which has started to produce beneficial assets.

Age and last season has changed my mind. I've been saying, to mates etc, for years I'd hate to go to a match and struggle to be able to read the names, let alone pronounce them, of the bulk of the starting 11.

With what might be about to happen I take it all back!

I suppose a lot depends on how much money is made available for new players. Will the new manager have a bottomless pit of cash?

I suppose a lot depends on how much money is made available for new players. Will the new manager have a bottomless pit of cash?

Unlikely to be bottomless, but doesn't need to be - just needs to be the right purchases, price isn't the determining factor at this level.

Maybe not bottomless but I get the feeling that the new owner/s aren't in this for a laugh.

Wolves appear to be relatively nonexistent in Chinese folklore, but the Dog is generally seen as a loyal and honorable creature.

Speculatively, you could infer that the Chinese concept of the dog is not separated from its concept of the wolf, unlike most European cultures.

Feckin ell? I have been so so good with my excitement am we not feckin rich yet lol?

Imagine this isn't the sort of announcement that would be made on a weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back