• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he wasn't. There are many who risk their lives and liberty attempting to escape the tyranny of communist rule. He not only chose not to take this path he chose to aid and assist the Chinese government in hindering those who do. He chose to comply with the censorship off the internet in order to strengthen communist rule.

I can see I'm in a minority of one here. I'm afraid I can't see this money as anything other than severely tainted. My sympathies lie with those Chinese struggling to escape oppression not those who get handsomely rewarded for assisting the oppressors.

I bet you despise the old British empire and our ex-Prime Minister involved in war crimes, then!

Been looking at Mr Li's twitter feed and I found an old comment like 'I don't half commit to anything' followed by #toomuchisneverenough.

Cited now!

Even when SJH started to put money into the team in 93/94 we never really 'went for it'. Jack Walker was doing his Blackburn thing at the time and I always hoped we'd go about it in the mental way they did and it never quite happened. We never really had huge clearouts and it was a little bit fits and starts. Squad investment seemed to fluctuate around the emotions of SJH rather than having any grand plan. This isn't a moan about SJH - he ploughed fortunes into the club and asked for nothing back and he was badly let down by several shite managers who looked like good appointments at the time. It just feels like this time we may well be about to have a massive pop at the big time - huge investment and massive staff changes.

Been looking at Mr Li's twitter feed and I found an old comment like 'I don't half commit to anything' followed by #toomuchisneverenough.

Cited now!

Even when SJH started to put money into the team in 93/94 we never really 'went for it'. Jack Walker was doing his Blackburn thing at the time and I always hoped we'd go about it in the mental way they did and it never quite happened. We never really had huge clearouts and it was a little bit fits and starts. Squad investment seemed to fluctuate around the emotions of SJH rather than having any grand plan. This isn't a moan about SJH - he ploughed fortunes into the club and asked for nothing back and he was badly let down by several shite managers who looked like good appointments at the time. It just feels like this time we may well be about to have a massive pop at the big time - huge investment and massive staff changes.
Sadly that's a parody account so not him.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

No he wasn't. There are many who risk their lives and liberty attempting to escape the tyranny of communist rule. He not only chose not to take this path he chose to aid and assist the Chinese government in hindering those who do. He chose to comply with the censorship off the internet in order to strengthen communist rule.

I can see I'm in a minority of one here. I'm afraid I can't see this money as anything other than severely tainted. My sympathies lie with those Chinese struggling to escape oppression not those who get handsomely rewarded for assisting the oppressors.

China is being greatly encouraged by our own government to invest in all things UK -eg potential nuclear power stations. I think that would be a far greater concern than a billionaire buying a football club. and if he didn't buy us, guess what he'd do....

Does anyone know who the Posum group are? I have read that they are to be the new owners of WWFC, with Robin Li as their representative.

It's Fosun not Posum. Posum was from a poorly translated webpage.

We are owned by a gang of small marsupials ???

This appears to be the poorly translated page, from the Spanish paper Sportyou http://www.sportyou.es/noticias/lopetegui-wolverhampton-635668

Rather like the phrase 'has entered European football with force.' I suspect our new owner is not a man who likes to finish 2nd, let alone 14th...

And that was dated 29th June - surely 12 days is time enough for Tim II to cut and paste and claim an exclusive??

Even the most doubting of all the doubting Thomas's must now realise that this happening.

I believe it when there's a picture of a new owner holding up a Wolves shirt on the official site.

Should be this week then. Honestly, it is clearly happening so a bit of patience is needed. Difficult I know because we want to be spending some serious cashola on the team ASAP.

Even the most doubting of all the doubting Thomas's must now realise that this happening.

There are still a few on the mix and Twitter (same people?) who will tell you it's fell through/can't be Wolves, were not good enough/it's really a Moxey consortium or that we should all be humbly apologising to Albion fans because we might, just, reverse decades of under achievement and overtake them again causing some to get carried away, instead of all being miserable cumudgeons and moan about some Wolves fans being happy.

Was one on the south bank Facebook page saying its a ruse by the club,for letting McDonald go to Fulham,and not buying anyone,had to tell him the official takeover documents are with the football league,so it's a hell of a p***take!

I agree. There is an element of "I must set myself up here to be as negative as possible, so if I end up right I can Lord it over everyone"

Bizarre really, because if they were right then the team that profess to support would suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back