• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolves appear to be relatively nonexistent in Chinese folklore, but the Dog is generally seen as a loyal and honorable creature.
They make a tasty snack as well.
Speculatively, you could infer that the Chinese concept of the dog is not separated from its concept of the wolf, unlike most European cultures.
Yeah we don't normally eat them.

Wasnt he a victim of this oppression? He would have no choice as to whether he agreed he had to submit.

No he wasn't. There are many who risk their lives and liberty attempting to escape the tyranny of communist rule. He not only chose not to take this path he chose to aid and assist the Chinese government in hindering those who do. He chose to comply with the censorship off the internet in order to strengthen communist rule.

I can see I'm in a minority of one here. I'm afraid I can't see this money as anything other than severely tainted. My sympathies lie with those Chinese struggling to escape oppression not those who get handsomely rewarded for assisting the oppressors.

What sort of argument is that? What exactly is your point?
In fairness, what's YOUR point? We get you're not over the moon - a prospective billionaire taking over the club we all love and a prospective change in the landscape for years to come hasn't done it, so what can we do to make you feel better?

No he wasn't. There are many who risk their lives and liberty attempting to escape the tyranny of communist rule. He not only chose not to take this path he chose to aid and assist the Chinese government in hindering those who do. He chose to comply with the censorship off the internet in order to strengthen communist rule.

I can see I'm in a minority of one here. I'm afraid I can't see this money as anything other than severely tainted. My sympathies lie with those Chinese struggling to escape oppression not those who get handsomely rewarded for assisting the oppressors.
If we were being directly purchased by the Chinese Communist Party then I'd see and embrace your point. As we aren't I really am struggling. I understand your premise that if you play by their rules then you are guilty by association, but personally think it's naive and fails to give credit to those entrepreneurs who have flourished within that system, of which Li is clearly one.

Pouring money out of China can be only a good thing if you have moral problem with Chinese goverment.

Following this logic, the UK owes a fuck ton in reparations to the colonies of the old empire.

I appreciate not wanting to be involved with money that you see as tainted but if you rule out Li's cash for this reason then you must also rule out the cash of almost every successful person out there. There are very few ways to the top that don't involve kicking some people into a pit. The Chinese government simply has a reputation for doing it more openly than your government or mine.

You are in a minority of one because you clearly don't understand how China operates in the 21st century. I take it you don't buy anything that is made in China or have any dealings with companies that operate there.

As if there's anything wrong with eating a dog as opposed to, say, a cow or sheep.

Well, we made it to page 75 until somebody made that joke. I consider that good going in the current climate.

Fulham spent £10m. So spending £15m, if you have it, is not a massive stretch in the current climate of money in football

Plus teams will know we have serious money and add a premium to that end too.

Well, we made it to page 75 until somebody made that joke. I consider that good going in the current climate.

I've certainly seen it come up faster.

I, for one, welcome our new canine-feasting overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back