• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Nick Powell has just started following Official Wolves on Twitter - only follows 133 people

I am really torn with this take over. Part of me would rather be scrapping in mid table in the Championship forever than become a money club. The other part realises that soon most of the clubs in the top 2 divisions in England will have obscenely wealthy owners and it is the only way we will be able to compete on a level playing field.

I am really torn with this take over. Part of me would rather be scrapping in mid table in the Championship forever than become a money club. The other part realises that soon most of the clubs in the top 2 divisions in England will have obscenely wealthy owners and it is the only way we will be able to compete on a level playing field.

I was happy to be a Championship team, playing decent football and winning the majority of our games - last year knocked that stuffing out of me. Premier League winners, bring it on.

:disco:

Can empathise with that - but pretty soon if you don't have an obscenely wealthy owner you'll be scrapping in mid table in League One...

Wolves starting contract talks with Batth, Edwards and Ikeme. Are their contracts nearly done or what?

Seems a funny thing to do if you are in talks with a new buyer, don't you think?

If we get bought out then the loss will be minimal. If we dont then its a sensible move.

If we get bought out then the loss will be minimal. If we dont then its a sensible move.

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FBeaker.gif

Fair enough. I just wondered why they didn't wait a few days, until the 'take-over bid' was concluded one way or the other?

Ballague has just tweeted that he's off on holiday now!!

Ballague has just tweeted that he's off on holiday now!!

Well of course...He's wound the Wolves fans up into believing that a mega rich bloke is going to buy them, watched the fallout and his work is done! ;)

The onus is on the Club to pretty soon say it's all a load of bollocks or there are ongoing negotiations that will be concluded soon becaus all this bollocks is getting ridiculous.

The onus is on the Club to pretty soon say it's all a load of bollocks or there are ongoing negotiations that will be concluded soon becaus all this bollocks is getting ridiculous.

Why should the club say anything? Just because we have a load of fans acting like spoilt kids?

I don't understand why they're being so hush-hush about it. My source got into trouble with club officials despite the leak being their end, and it's plastered all over the press. A statement to say talks are ongoing wouldn't be damaging at this point, surely?

They can say it's bollocks or nothing at all until the point has come where the deal is done.

If they were going to deny it all then they'd have done so ages ago (they'd be lying as well). Issuing a non-update isn't going to help either as they are severely restricted in what they can say. People will just have to wait.

As Stan said the other day, we only knew about this because news leaked in Spain regarding Lopetegui - being as he was favoured to be the new national manager - and the pieces were put together. Otherwise there wouldn't be anything "ridiculous" to moan about at all.

A statement to say talks are ongoing wouldn't be damaging at this point, surely?

They've been saying words to that effect for a long time. Well before this speculation. Jez said it at the end of season dinner, for instance. But it isn't any real concrete news (and no-one believed him before) so it wouldn't satisfy anyone.

True but just one short statement would stop it all.

It really wouldn't though. Two days later you'd be hearing, 'Not said anything for two days, has it fallen through, we need an update.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back