• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a new poster and I've been reading through so many Wolves forums over the past week to keep in touch with things and have been refreshing twitter endlessly. At the moment, I think it's very important we keep our feet on the ground, as even if the takeover is completed there many be consequent problems, such as lack of care in the heritage or culture. However, I believe that because the Chinese make culture their main priority this shouldnt be a problem. Although we may not be seen as a big club anymore, things such as the ground name must be kept, I want no sponsorfhip deals. As well as this, if they decide to renovate the ground it is with upmost importance that the South Bank is kept, or I fear the same will happen to them as did with the North Bank. I was thinking about how Dortmund have the yellow wall, which isnt consistent with the rest of the ground and is just a steep one tiered stand that keeps the atmosphere bubbling. I just hope they dont fiddle with anything like stand names or anything, and god forbid we move out of Wolverhampton to a modern 60,000 all seater stadium called the Baidu Arena!!! Another worry of mine is Lopetegui. He has no knowledge of English football and I fear he'll bring in players that cannot cope with the physicalality. To get out the Championship you need a manager who knows how to do it, it's such a difficult thing to do.
Overall though I'm optimistic, we deserve this. It's such a shame what has happened to us in the past 60 years since the famous 50s. I'll be behind the new owner(s) from the off, and I hope we can get back to the PL as quick as possible, I miss those days of full houses and a bouncing atmosphere.

Welcome Matt. Some very interesting stuff there. I think I agree with virtually all of it. Keep posting.

I know it's paraded as such a lot, but is the English pyramid really that much more physical than any other? We're talking about players and managers that are (nearly) at the highest level. Surely, if they're truly worth their salt, they'll be able to cope no matter the circumstance?

I know that foreign players can have a rough time in a new country, but my gut tells me this has a lot more to do with things off the pitch than on it.

I'm a new poster and I've been reading through so many Wolves forums over the past week to keep in touch with things and have been refreshing twitter endlessly. At the moment, I think it's very important we keep our feet on the ground, as even if the takeover is completed there many be consequent problems, such as lack of care in the heritage or culture. However, I believe that because the Chinese make culture their main priority this shouldnt be a problem. Although we may not be seen as a big club anymore, things such as the ground name must be kept, I want no sponsorfhip deals. As well as this, if they decide to renovate the ground it is with upmost importance that the South Bank is kept, or I fear the same will happen to them as did with the North Bank. I was thinking about how Dortmund have the yellow wall, which isnt consistent with the rest of the ground and is just a steep one tiered stand that keeps the atmosphere bubbling. I just hope they dont fiddle with anything like stand names or anything, and god forbid we move out of Wolverhampton to a modern 60,000 all seater stadium called the Baidu Arena!!! Another worry of mine is Lopetegui. He has no knowledge of English football and I fear he'll bring in players that cannot cope with the physicalality. To get out the Championship you need a manager who knows how to do it, it's such a difficult thing to do.
Overall though I'm optimistic, we deserve this. It's such a shame what has happened to us in the past 60 years since the famous 50s. I'll be behind the new owner(s) from the off, and I hope we can get back to the PL as quick as possible, I miss those days of full houses and a bouncing atmosphere.

Welcome Matt. I wouldn't have a problem if the ground was called 'The Baidu Molineux Stadium' for example. Everyone would still call it Molineux anyway. I do think it is important to have the original name in there though. I also think you'd be mad to change the badge from being Wolf related or the colour of the kit (well a less orange one would be nice) as these are what give the club it's identity and standout already. In many ways Wolves is a marketeers dream as we have some much which is synonymous with the club.

As for the South Bank, the latest ground proposals under Morgan did have the new version of that stand as one large tier.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...m-1958-to-2010-what-molineux-could-have-been/

Welcome Matt. I wouldn't have a problem if the ground was called 'The Baidu Molineux Stadium' for example. Everyone would still call it Molineux anyway. I do think it is important to have the original name in there though. I also think you'd be mad to change the badge from being Wolf related or the colour of the kit (well a less orange one would be nice) as these are what give the club it's identity and standout already. In many ways Wolves is a marketeers dream as we have some much which is synonymous with the club.

As for the South Bank, the latest ground proposals under Morgan did have the new version of that stand as one large tier.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...m-1958-to-2010-what-molineux-could-have-been/

Agree with TT,

although its its as well we have tinkered with things like shirt colour etc, and if he wanted to change the badge back to the 3 Wolves leaping I would be delighted (then I am an old nostalgic fucker).

I was talking about the lack of noise in the North Bank with my Dad. He said that I shouldnt worry, because when the ground was renovated to its current form in the 90s, the atmosphere did take a hit but it returned, albeit not as great. The one problem with the North Bank at the moment is that it is too corporate. Morgan tried to do everything in one and I disagree with him entirely. Because of this the lower tier of the North Bank is full of people that had a bar snack before the game, and of course with the greater capacity season ticket holders were separated. One thing I really do hope for is the return of the terraces in the form of safe standing. That way we can choose which sectors of the ground will house those supporters that are more prepared to make some noise. That said, I do not believe the ground will br upgraded until we are in the PL, and I really do hope the current plans are kept because I really do like the new look of the proposed stadium. Fingers crossed they don't tamper with any stand names, logos, shirt colours (although isnt it the case that ENGLISH teams cant actually change the colour of their home strip?), and the name Molineux. We'll have to wait and see but I am optimistic of the future.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the badge at all tbh. I think it looks childish, pretty naff and if it was changed now you wouldn't have fans harking back to it like they do with some of our past crests. If the badge changed with the new owner coming in, all the crappy clip art hexagon would come to represent would be the 'Moxey years' and I don't think any of us will be looking back on them with much fondness.

The best badge in England IMO is the Tottenham Hotspur cockerel. It's simple, classic and evocative. That's what we had with our first 3 badges and I'd welcome a return to any of them. After that it all went a bit shit.

I've woken up convinced that this is all some elaborate hoax. A billionaire buying my club? No way!

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the badge at all tbh. I think it looks childish, pretty naff and if it was changed now you wouldn't have fans harking back to it like they do with some of our past crests. If the badge changed with the new owner coming in, all the crappy clip art hexagon would come to represent would be the 'Moxey years' and I don't think any of us will be looking back on them with much fondness.

The best badge in England IMO is the Tottenham Hotspur cockerel. It's simple, classic and evocative. That's what we had with our first 3 badges and I'd welcome a return to any of them. After that it all went a bit shit.
Disagree with that TBH, I really like our badge. Simple, iconic, recognisable - it's great. I really hope they keep it how it is.

The 3 wolves design is cool but it's from way before my time so it doesn't feel like *my* Wolves.

I don't agree at all - I can remember fondly the wolf jumping over the WW and the three wolves; but the current badge is great - simple and iconic - instantly recognisable as Wolves. I hated it when they tinkered with it a few years back and put a surround on it. I agree that the Spurs badge is great also!

On the plus side - the half time refreshments should be spruced up bit!!!

Someone on the Mix has pointed out that a coach who was part of Lopetegui's backroom staff at Porto has just followed a load of Wolves-related accounts on Twitter.

@eporteros - Juan Carlos Arevalo - was goalkeeping coach at Porto and before that Spain U19s.

Someone on the Mix has pointed out that a coach who was part of Lopetegui's backroom staff at Porto has just followed a load of Wolves-related accounts on Twitter.

@eporteros - Juan Carlos Arevalo - was goalkeeping coach at Porto and before that Spain U19s.

Confirmed

Get the billions in, keep logo, colours and stadium name..simples ;)

I agree about the badge, don't touch it. It's one of the most easily recognisable brands in English football. It's simple, colourful and a good design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back