• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit just got real. My patience has been exemplary I think. Go me.

Normally marginally before, not a great deal in it

All depends on the FL doesn't it. The Villa takeover was announced but it took 2 weeks (?) for the new owner to cleared as the FL left it until they were at a meeting in Portugal or something

Remember that Milan forward you mentioned (in jest) that would go well with Dicko? Well allegedly the new guys have made enquiries that way, even though Dortmund and Leicester are also in. Absolutely surreal (we won't get him, but that seems to be the level of ambition, and not in a Venky's style let's sign Ronaldinho and Becks way either)

M'Baye Niang?

Absolute monster and still ridiculously young for what he's achieved.

Loves a car crash though.

In other words, he conducts his business within the laws of his country. I don't think you can really call him out for that, any more than you could criticize Morgan for perpetuating the capitalist system that has made the houses he builds unaffordable to those trying to get on the property ladder. The people of China would be oppressed with or without Baidu. At least they can now look up what they're allowed to.

Yes, within the 'laws' of a tyranny. Capitalism has its flaws but it hardly compares with communist China. Of course they'd be 'oppressed with or without Baidu', that's not the issue. At least you've agreed they are oppressed. My point is that Li is complicit by agreeing to abide by the Chinese government censorship rules. Any wealth he's generated is tainted by association.

Simple fact is that anyone who is worth $14bn is going to come with some baggage. And of course any business that succeeds like Baidu in China is going to do it with the tacit approval of the CP. But give me Robin Li over Russian oligarchs who are hand in glove with Putin. And the days of the local businessman owning a club are long gone: if we want to be back in the Premiership, then we need a billionaire. Now what's taking that bugger Messi so long to sign...

Well, I'm no fan of Russian oligarchs either but at least Russia is nominally democratic. There's no such pretence in China and one of the ways that this subjugation of the population is continued are the great many restrictions placed on internet usage. Something Li has happily complied with. I'd argue this is rather more than just 'baggage'.

Steve Morgan's wealth is arguably tainted by exploiting a property bubble. I'm sure you could make some argument for Sir Jack exploiting Bahaman interests if you really wanted to. Seems an odd thing to get worked up about though.

Steve Morgan's wealth is arguably tainted by exploiting a property bubble. I'm sure you could make some argument for Sir Jack exploiting Bahaman interests if you really wanted to. Seems an odd thing to get worked up about though.
Things are looking up. As a Wolves fan, you've got to moan about something!

Just had a laugh on Dingle Watch, they are shitting themselves....

Really would like to take 6 points of them, beat them by 5 goals and relegate them on Goal difference by 1 goal

Just had a laugh on Dingle Watch, they are shitting themselves....

Really would like to take 6 points of them, beat them by 5 goals and relegate them on Goal difference by 1 goal

I've not given them a second's thought TBH. It's not about them.

Couldn't give a shite about Albion in the grand scheme of things. I do enjoy mocking how awful their football is under Pulis (after years of them pontificating about the stuff they played) and how rubbish James McClean is, but they're isolated issues.

Yes, within the 'laws' of a tyranny. Capitalism has its flaws but it hardly compares with communist China. Of course they'd be 'oppressed with or without Baidu', that's not the issue. At least you've agreed they are oppressed. My point is that Li is complicit by agreeing to abide by the Chinese government censorship rules. Any wealth he's generated is tainted by association.

Wasnt he a victim of this oppression? He would have no choice as to whether he agreed he had to submit.

Edit - regarding west brom etc...Me neither tbh. Indeed I don't have the hatred of west brom. I have good friends who are west brom fans.
In reality, we're similar sized clubs, from similar catchment areas. We've more in common.
Save your dislike for things that matter. Like cancer for example. Channel it into something positive.

Edit - regarding west brom etc...Me neither tbh. Indeed I don't have the hatred of west brom. I have good friends who are west brom fans.
In reality, we're similar sized clubs, from similar catchment areas. We've more in common.
Save your dislike for things that matter. Like cancer for example. Channel it into something positive.
Or Blues. Well worth hating them.

I was gonna put blues. But then got into an argument with myself whether I hate them or bolton more.
I haven't decided which yet...

I have a similar difficulty with saunders and hoddle. Though I hate redknapp more. I think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back