• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watford's owners also own Udinese and Granada so pretty sure we'll be OK.

We might have an issue if we both qualified for the same European competition but I'll worry about that at some point in 2034.

So your story is: Business creates software for customer, and it works how the customer wants.

Yes, but the 'customer' is a communist dictatorship that violently suppresses any dissent and heavily restricts access to certain information on the internet.

We might have an issue if we both qualified for the same European competition but I'll worry about that at some point in 2034.

You think it will take Milan that long to get back into Europe?

Also people thinking we are going to buy players for 40million when we get in the PL, it wont happen thanks to the Fair Play thing, we will have to build slowly and surely we will be a giant again maybe in 5/10 years.

Fair Play is dead. Bournemouth proved that. Derby and Boro proved it.

And it doesn't exist at all in the Premier League.

Fair Play is dead. Bournemouth proved that. Derby and Boro proved it.

And it doesn't exist at all in the Premier League.

it does in UEFA competitions though. mind you if we get fined im sure Robin Li will pay it and get it back after winning the event lol

You think it will take Milan that long to get back into Europe?
We're bound to have an off year at some point and slip back into the Europa League

Yep. Lots of loopholes - setting your club up with a massive sponsorship deal for your own company a la Man City is the most notorious - while the fines for breaking it are only a small fraction of the extra revenue that comes in from the PL deal. Hence all the clubs at the top of the league spending what less than a decade ago were fees associated with lower end PL teams.

That said, there is still a natural break on spending limitless funds in the Championship, in that you have to convince players to drop down into a league that's notoriously hard to get out of. And if it goes tits up (say, after three or four years we're still treading water in the middle of the table and on our third or fourth manager to boot) then there's every chance a wealthy owner might chuck in the towel and move onto another new plaything.

Also people thinking we are going to buy players for 40million when we get in the PL, it wont happen thanks to the Fair Play thing, we will have to build slowly and surely we will be a giant again maybe in 5/10 years.
Not sure it matters too much now with how big the TV deal is. Palace have put in two separate £30m bids for strikers this summer. Not like they've racked up years and years of PL cash, they only went up in 2013 and they haven't sold anyone of any note.

Yes, but the 'customer' is a communist dictatorship that violently suppresses any dissent and heavily restricts access to certain information on the internet.

FA approved Thaksin Shinawatra. End of discussion

Yep. Lots of loopholes - setting your club up with a massive sponsorship deal for your own company a la Man City is the most notorious - while the fines for breaking it are only a small fraction of the extra revenue that comes in from the PL deal. Hence all the clubs at the top of the league spending what less than a decade ago were fees associated with lower end PL teams.

That said, there is still a natural break on spending limitless funds in the Championship, in that you have to convince players to drop down into a league that's notoriously hard to get out of. And if it goes tits up (say, after three or four years we're still treading water in the middle of the table and on our third or fourth manager to boot) then there's every chance a wealthy owner might chuck in the towel and move onto another new plaything.

Im pretty sure we will beable to get out of the championship quite effectively if we do it right and then spend big when we do, all it takes is a few key signings with decent reserve players, spending big in the championship doesnt equal promotion look at Derby, QPR etc...and we nearly did it without spending hardly anything 2 seasons ago.

I wonder where Balague is getting his info from? He seems to know a lot more than everyone else. Can't imagine Wolves are too happy with him (or maybe they don't mind someone giving updates because they can't do it themselves?)

From the Birmingham Mail

"Respected Spanish journalist Guillem Balague has been at the heart of the takeover news in the last two weeks and today reported that the FA have now been approached.

He said: "The @FA has all the documentation from the potential @OfficialWolves buyers.

"Early next week they should get permission to reach next stage."

The Birmingham Mail understands that the information is correct and the announcement of an accepted bid could be announced next week.

The process would then need to be completed by the Football League with the interested directors and owner having to pass a fit and proper test."

Of course, but at least the E&S can show they are being pro-active in asking the FA, as there is clearly no point in them speaking to the club whatsoever.

I am beginning to feel a little sorry for them. They are completely cut out of this. Maybe, just maybe, things might improve for them under new ownership, although personally I doubt it. I am expecting the new ownership to be even tighter on not leaking things. Also I wouldn't be at all surprised if some of the avenues ITKs are using to get little snippets of info are permanently boarded off.

But is it not the case that the club CAN'T give them any info rather than just not wanting to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back