• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves are for sale and Darlo wants some smooth thighs

Status
Not open for further replies.
To which the response will be "No comment you $#@!knuckles"

makes me laugh cuz someone replied to Balague tweet saying
"Looks like Tim at E&S is frantically typing up his exclusive from off @GuillemBalague tweets #wwfc #wolvestakeover"
ktpng.jpg

Also from the Birmingham Mail

Why Wolves and why now?
"Since President Xi Jinping announced his grand plan to turn China into a supreme power in world football, business leaders across the country have been falling over themselves to invest in football clubs.

British clubs have often been seen, to foreign investors at least, as too expensive compared with other clubs in Europe.

But uncertainty surrounding the British economy and the value of the pound in the wake of Brexit is thought to have made UK clubs a far more appealing and viable proposition."

[quote name="DazzaWolvesUK" post=930239]Im pretty sure we will beable to get out of the championship quite effectively if we do it right and then spend big when we do, all it takes is a few key signings with decent reserve players, spending big in the championship doesnt equal promotion look at Derby, QPR etc...and we nearly did it without spending hardly anything 2 seasons ago.[/QUOTE]

We had a very heavy net spend (for the time) when Morgan first came in. Somewhere in the region of £8.5m in year one as far as I recall (out at the moment so can't check my own records) which was a lot for the Championship. We then spent a fair bit the following year but most of it was covered by selling Olofinjana and Eastwood. £4.2m for that pair! I wouldn't have paid 4p for them.

Rumours that a fanzone is already being erected in Tianenman Square for the Rotherham game...

But is it not the case that the club CAN'T give them any info rather than just not wanting to?

Of course it is. Nobody officially can say much beyond what they have already stated. But, it is abundantly clear that they are as in the know as the average fan and are chasing their tails accordingly.

Instone would have had some insider knowledge and even if asked to keep schtum would have been able to write a suitably vague piece that actually had some pertinent stuff in it.

This...As Machin says it might as well be called "we can read tweets"

Why Wolves and why now?
"Since President Xi Jinping announced his grand plan to turn China into a supreme power in world football, business leaders across the country have been falling over themselves to invest in football clubs.

British clubs have often been seen, to foreign investors at least, as too expensive compared with other clubs in Europe.

But uncertainty surrounding the British economy and the value of the pound in the wake of Brexit is thought to have made UK clubs a far more appealing and viable proposition."

And the small matter of the biggest football broadcasting rights deal ever. Buy Championship - bung money, get promoted, reap benefits. Put it this way Wolves + £90m transfer spend is still less than Peace wants for the Albion.

Of course it is. Nobody officially can say much beyond what they have already stated. But, it is abundantly clear that they are as in the know as the average fan and are chasing their tails accordingly.

Instone would have had some insider knowledge and even if asked to keep schtum would have been able to write a suitably vague piece that actually had some pertinent stuff in it.

This...As Machin says it might as well be called "we can read tweets"

All true, but when Instone was the Wolves correspondent, it was a very different industry. Everything is so different thanks to social media. People want, no DEMAND answers immediately. At best. They normally want it 10 minutes ago.

I do agree that a new regime might mean a new relationship between club and paper. The E&S really do need to change their attitude towards the club.

And the small matter of the biggest football broadcasting rights deal ever. Buy Championship - bung money, get promoted, reap benefits. Put it this way Wolves + £90m transfer spend is still less than Peace wants for the Albion.
You don't get to pull that TV money back out though at any early stage following promotion. Not unless you want to materially compromise your chances against the other 19 clubs you're competing against when you're already playing serious catch up against most of them. Maybe 5+ years down the line if you have turned yourself into a top 10 club.

Why Wolves and why now?

Two weeks ago the pound was quite strong. I call bullshit on this as this deal would have been going on for months. I know you were a fan of Brexit Dino but not for this reason :icon_biggrin:

I'd say that this is the deciding factor.

Two weeks ago the pound was quite strong. I call bull$#@! on this as this deal would have been going on for months. I know you were a fan of Brexit Dino but not for this reason :icon_biggrin:

Yes, I thought, like you, that this is bullshit because of the timeline. But remember, I didn't say this, it was the B-ham Mail. ;)

Days - the fit and proper person test is a tick box exercise. I predict a new owner, a manager and 3 new signings next week.

Good stuff - and is the announcement of takeover normally done before or after the fit and proper persons test?

Hopefully they're working away on signings behind the scenes.

The Cavaleiro link seems promising (and also completely surreal).

Redrow Homes have just announced a sponsorship deal with us (Steve Bull stand and shorts). The Morgan legacy lives on...

Hopefully they're working away on signings behind the scenes.

The Cavaleiro link seems promising (and also completely surreal).
Remember that Milan forward you mentioned (in jest) that would go well with Dicko? Well allegedly the new guys have made enquiries that way, even though Dortmund and Leicester are also in. Absolutely surreal (we won't get him, but that seems to be the level of ambition, and not in a Venky's style let's sign Ronaldinho and Becks way either)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back