• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - Watford 2 a full blooded contest verdict thread

Refereeing controversy and cheating aside that was a bloody entertaining and open game of football. Really enjoyable stuff. And a draw was probably about right. For the second equaliser one of Batth or Stearman could have taken a red for the team and we might have held on.

Afobe's obviously been good for us but the odds of him leaving after just 6 months are slim, surely?

Probably, but you know what the conspiracy theorist will be thinking - wave enough money at us & we will bite. What is it now - 7 in 10 games? Bloody good return after playing most of this season in League 1

I think by the time Deeney had gotten in front of Batth they were inside the area... so Batth taking a red would have meant a penalty too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with Paddy though - really entertaining match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably, but you know what the conspiracy theorist will be thinking - wave enough money at us & we will bite. What is it now - 7 in 10 games? Bloody good return after playing most of this season ain League 1

In fairness, that's probably not a bad policy... where it gets tricky is in the definition of what is "enough money".

If someone came in offering ~£6m-£10m (just plucking those numbers out of the air, mind), you imagine we'd have a serious think about it.

If we don't manage to get up this year (& it is still possible) then less worried about losing Sako (who is the most likely to leave) as not sure that he was that influential today.

For me Benik Afobe is the one we really have to keep hold of - without doubt he is a min 25 goal Championship player along with McDonald who seems to be getting a telepathic awareness of where to find him

Sako did most of his attacking stuff in the centre of the pitch, beat one man, beat the second but loses it to the third. His wing contribution was near enough zero. VLP on the other hand had a fantastic game..

It was a hugely entertaining ninety minutes. Both teams contributed to the entertainment. It is frustrating to leave the ground with only one point but that should not take away from how good the game was to watch. A cracker for a neutral I would imagine.

In fairness, that's probably not a bad policy... where it gets tricky is in the definition of what is "enough money".

If someone came in offering ~£6m-£10m (just plucking those numbers out of the air, mind), you imagine we'd have a serious think about it.

Even at that level, not sure that I would want to take it - he is the sort of player who can give you the promotion to Premier level. Would rate him as better than Dicko (& I would rate him highly)

Promotion is worth far more than he is

Even at that level, not sure that I would want to take it - he is the sort of player who can give you the promotion to Premier level. Would rate him as better than Dicko (& I would rate him highly)

Promotion is worth far more than he is

Point taken.

No way we will sell. Sako will go in the summer as he is out of contract.

Am I remembering correctly that we have one final year of parachutes left?

Pointless waste of skin and oxygen. Just let him talk to himself.

Am I remembering correctly that we have one final year of parachutes left?

Yeah that's right and we'll have finally got rid of the last high earner in Doyle so should help with budgets etc. If Afobe carries on like this there will be interest by January I'm sure, but if that's the case we'll probably be near the top of the league if we're still in the Championship and I'd have thought he'd be happy to help us get to the Prem. He had lots of options when he joined us don't forget.

Back