• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - Watford 2 a full blooded contest verdict thread

Sako did not raise his hands, no red.
Doherty had his best game in a Wolves shirt.
First Watford goal looked three yards offside.
Kuszczak should of cleaned everybody out for their second.
Will try to do a more in depth report on the train home

Frustrating result. Just seen the goals, two awful ones to concede from long balls over the top (not something we usually struggle with) and a pathetic display of acting to get Sako sent off. We're no further away from 6th but I get the feeling we really needed the win today. Bringing Doyle on was a ridiculous call when Dicko was sat next to him.

Just seen it on Sky. Pathetic decision from the ref. Sako didn't do anything!

We need to get on the phone to the new FA chief. :whistle:

Seriously though, if that doesn't get rescinded it's a disgrace. Forestieri should've been sent off twice, once for the tackle from behind and again for the disgusting play acting.

Ok, just seen Sako's red. That's unbelievable - I retract what I said earlier as Sako didn't raise his hands.

That'll be rescinded, and I hope they throw the book at that cheating fucking cunt. Absolutely disgraceful.

Good game today and a good atmosphere for once. We really needed to win and the results went perfectly for us.

The sending off is a disgrace and I'm not sure what the 4th official would have been looking at. Unfortunately because the rules of the game protects refs and doesn't allow retrospective punishment, Forestieri will get no action.

Theirs goals were shit and why the fuck is Doyle coming on the pitch!

KJ has been reported as saying we will be definitely appealing the red card.

Bit of a frustrating game, we played well but were done by two identical balls through the middle, defenders too square, shocking once, indescribable for a second time.

The keeper fills me with zero confidence, doesn't command his area, punches when he should catch, and his kicking would make Murray blush.

Doherty had a very good game, they didn't play an out and out left winger which helped him, but offensively he was good

Hause I thought was ok, still doesn't look comfortable at left back, think his shot hit Price for the goal, but I was at the opposite end

Stearman played well, but would need to see the goals again, because the way we were carved open for both goals which was very poor

Batth as Stearman

McDonald my MOTM, sublime pass for our first and a lot more influential than he was a month ago.

Price, did what he does but got a goal, not sure how much he knew about it but who cares!

RVLP busy, the best of our wingers

Sako, in the game, but poor delivery particularly from free kicks I'm good positions. Not seen the sending off again, but didn't see anything at the game.

Henry, for someone not used to the position he was pretty accomplished, not great, but linked and dropped in well.

Afobe, the guy has veins of ice, I'm struggling to think of a better one on one finisher in the last 35 years and I include Bully in that

Doyle, strange sub, but he actually did ok, quite a battling performance.

Ref, it's 20 odd years since I last saw someone of that physicality referee a professional game of football.

By the way kudos to Jack Price for kicking that cheating cunt Forestieri in the air immediately afterwards.

Again like most words don't do this incident justice. It's just embarrassing for Forestieri as the whole world will see it tonight and just laugh at him.
It's the referees incompetence that caused the fracas at the end which probably lead to both clubs being charged for failing to control their players.

The ref's son is having a right go on Twitter!

If we don't manage to get up this year (& it is still possible) then less worried about losing Sako (who is the most likely to leave) as not sure that he was that influential today.

For me Benik Afobe is the one we really have to keep hold of - without doubt he is a min 25 goal Championship player along with McDonald who seems to be getting a telepathic awareness of where to find him

I can't see how that decision won't be rescinded. The fat twat of a ref fell for it hook, line and sinker.

Afobe's obviously been good for us but the odds of him leaving after just 6 months are slim, surely?

Back