• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome back Benik Afobe

Few bits in there make me doubt how genuine he is, errors around the Middlesborough game, convenient how his 5 best mates are still here after such a squad transformation and sprinkled with a fair bit of arrogance despite a relative failure from a somewhat disruptive exit, bit of humility wouldn't go amiss.

Also, from a professional point of view, what happens if (when) he goes back to Bournemouth, he has surely burnt some bridges there with his comments about Wolves? Also Wolves could quite cynically knock 25% off his wages, given how desperate he is to play for Wolves and the likely limbo he has created for himself.

So whilst it's good to hear a player talk about Wolves in this way, he hasn't done himself too many favours long term.

After Saturday it’s hard to see him getting too many minutes here anyway, Leo will be first attacking change if we stick with the same front 3 so unless we change formation then Afobe will struggle to come on. This whole thing could well be an anticlimax.

After Saturday it’s hard to see him getting too many minutes here anyway, Leo will be first attacking change if we stick with the same front 3 so unless we change formation then Afobe will struggle to come on. This whole thing could well be an anticlimax.

I think he's just an alternative option if the play dictates. His headed chance on Saturday showed that if we did need to stick crosses in the box he's a good option and he is clearly a threat in behind if we needed to go on the counter.

Play like we did against the blades and it all becomes a bit redundant.

Last edited:
We certainly have some strong depth and variety for our attacking options. I haven't heard anyone say we need 'one more striker' for over a week now!! Afobe provides a good alternative but also if we did have an injury problem we would be well covered.

We certainly have some strong depth and variety for our attacking options. I haven't heard anyone say we need 'one more striker' for over a week now!! Afobe provides a good alternative but also if we did have an injury problem we would be well covered.

Interestingly, Afobe's best chance was a header from a cross. Not sure we've had one of those all season or at least very few, which shows already he offers an alternate.

Interestingly, Afobe's best chance was a header from a cross. Not sure we've had one of those all season or at least very few, which shows already he offers an alternate.

It's interesting to note, that prior to Afobe and Leo coming on that there wasn't one over knee height cross fired into the box all game by either Doc or Barry, as soon as they came on we changed to suit, it is as if we have a game plan to suit the players on the pitch!!!

Can we stop saying 'alternate' when we mean 'alternative' please? Thanks :D

It's interesting to note, that prior to Afobe and Leo coming on that there wasn't one over knee height cross fired into the box all game by either Doc or Barry, as soon as they came on we changed to suit, it is as if we have a game plan to suit the players on the pitch!!!

Wait you mean managers shouldn't philosophies of the genius who said these genius comments?

We wont have a particular way of playing. We'll change it up from week to week. The opposition wont know what's hit them!

Football isn't rocket science, all you need is good players working together

Are we underestimating Nuno? Look what he's done with Coady and Saiss. Perhaps Benik under Nuno will prove a rather more useful asset than Benik under Kenny. But, even if he's no more than short-term cover, I'm pleased he's on our bench rather than the opposition's.

Wait you mean managers shouldn't philosophies of the genius who said these genius comments?

We wont have a particular way of playing. We'll change it up from week to week. The opposition wont know what's hit them!

The fucker took it a step further and changed the way we played every 10 mins!

Oh god I had forgotten about that. Was it O'Hara he started wide for the first ten minutes?

Oh god I had forgotten about that. Was it O'Hara he started wide for the first ten minutes?

There was a game at Barnsley where we hammered them for 15 mins. Scored and O'Hara had also hit the bar and then for no reason he changed how we had set up and that was the game done. Insane thinking

Think Leo coming on before Afobe was pure man management. How would it make Leo feel if the guy who had been here 1 day usurped him?

After a full week of training, If Nuno thinks Afobe is the better option then he will play him. Don’t think he has a chance of starting though with the rest of the front 3 playing well.

Bournemouth fans on Twitter seem pissed off with him and his Wolves love-in since deadline day. I can’t blame them - imagine one of our players going on loan somewhere and spouting off like Benik has? We wouldn’t be happy.

It’s nice that he’s back. I hope he gets his head down and works hard to score some goals now.

Bournemouth fans on Twitter seem pissed off with him and his Wolves love-in since deadline day. I can’t blame them - imagine one of our players going on loan somewhere and spouting off like Benik has? We wouldn’t be happy.

It’s nice that he’s back. I hope he gets his head down and works hard to score some goals now.

Indeed, you just wouldn't in case you end up having to go back there. He's making a rod for his own back because staying just isn't even remotely a guarantee at this stage.

"Really happy to be back, thanks t Bournemouth and Howe for letting me out on loan" and get on with it.

Indeed, you just wouldn't in case you end up having to go back there. He's making a rod for his own back because staying just isn't even remotely a guarantee at this stage.

"Really happy to be back, thanks t Bournemouth and Howe for letting me out on loan" and get on with it.

Well if it was a player who was surplus to requirements you wouldn’t really give a shit. They think he’s surplus so have let him go. If Joe Mason went back to Cardiff on loan and started shouting “it’s great to be back” then I don’t think anyone would care.

Well if it was a player who was surplus to requirements you wouldn’t really give a $#@!. They think he’s surplus so have let him go. If Joe Mason went back to Cardiff on loan and started shouting “it’s great to be back” then I don’t think anyone would care.

+1

Well if it was a player who was surplus to requirements you wouldn’t really give a shit. They think he’s surplus so have let him go. If Joe Mason went back to Cardiff on loan and started shouting “it’s great to be back” then I don’t think anyone would care.

Actually a lot of them appeared to like him until some of the stuff he’s come out with this week. Great for us, as Wolves fans, to hear - but perhaps a little naive on Benik’s part. Unless he’s been offered a guarantee of a contract in the summer already? Who knows.

He isn't going to bin off his current employers unless he has some guarantee. Which is probably "come the summer, Wolves take you on first dibs, and if they don't you can go"

Back