• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome back Benik Afobe

Burnley are PL savvy, it remains to be seen whether we will be. If we were to go up and finish somewhere between 9th and 12th that would be our highest finish since I was 8 and I'm now in my mid 40's now that would be a phenomenal achievement.

It would take something like £300m to even begin to worry the big six. Anything below that I would back us to spend to attempt to achieve. Best of the rest is a real possibility.

I would argue Nuno is a better coach than Dyche and that Burnley team isn't as good as ours is right now. Nuno is our best asset IMO and it's often the failing of promoted teams that their managers AND playing staff aren't equipped for the top flight. We can address one with Fosun's money the other is already in place.

I don't think Dyche gets anywhere near the credit he deserves personally. I saw something recently where they were analysing the way he gets his centre backs to position themselves just inside both posts (from the opposition players perspective) to funnel shots in towards to goalkeeper. Doing that against a team like Man City, Spurs, Liverpool or Arsenal who move the ball so quickly is an incredible feat.

All the more impressive when they sold their best centre half (and didn't really replace him) plus their first choice keeper has been out for virtually the whole season.

All the more impressive when they sold their best centre half (and didn't really replace him) plus their first choice keeper has been out for virtually the whole season.

Indeed. I don't think it matters so much who the individual it is for them as they are so excellently organised.

Indeed. I don't think it matters so much who the individual it is for them as they are so excellently organised.

You and I can definitely claim the win on Tarkowski now I think :D

Dyche is a fantastic manager, would be good to see him take a bigger club on soon.

Penk I think we need more than £300 million to break into the top 6

Dyche is a fantastic manager, would be good to see him take a bigger club on soon.

Penk I think we need more than £300 million to break into the top 6

Not sure, what does Paddy think...

I meant to even slightly worry them. Realistically to defo get in would take a lot more.

We wont bother the top 6 next year obviously..I expect us to end up 10-15 realistically.. even with 1-3 big signings..

We wont bother the top 6 next year obviously..I expect us to end up 10-15 realistically.. even with 1-3 big signings..

I think you’ll be surprised if we bring in 3 or 4 big signings.

Back