• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome back Benik Afobe

Sounds terrible from the North Bank. Just sounds like a few hundred people mumbling, you can't make out anything.

Just like the Northbank sounds from the Southbank then..........

No in all fairness i think it's a song that needs everyone singing it for it to sound as it should and agree with Punts that the atmosphere has been shit to be fair considering where we are in the league. I thought it got better as the game wore on against Forest until the last 10 when it was obvious were weren't getting anything.

On Jacks points my only problem with it is the 5 at the back bit because we play 3 but technically as Doc and Baz are wing backs it could be a 5. As it is i think that part should be changed to 3 and the song is fine then. With the pace in attack bit, i highly doubt they meant this but it could be attributed to how quick we attack on the counter which is fairly quick.

For those that don't know the words then they are:-

Nuno had a dream
To build a football team
Chinese owners
And a wonderkid from Porto
With 5(3) at the back
And pace in attack
We're Wolverhampton
We're on our way back.
Du uh du uh du uh (the cringeworthy bit at the end)

The guy next to me was definitely singing five. That explains why that line comes out as noise as it doesn't actually fit the tune.

I like barmy army.

I think part of the problem is half are singing 3 and half are singing 5.

In terms of the Afobe chant surely it has to be it's magic you knowwwwww, Benik Afobe's back home after what he said in his interview.

Nuno had a dream
To build a football team
Chinese owners
And a wonderkid from Porto
We play from the back
With pace in attack
We're Wolverhampton
We're on our way back.
Du uh du uh du uh (the cringeworthy bit at the end)

That’s not controversial, most like it. You’d be controversial if you didn’t like it [emoji6]

I'd be less against it if they ditched the sub Addams family crap at the end. Plus find a better line than the Portuguese wonderkid whom I assume to be Neves? As he's not a wonderkid that tag should be reserved for prodigious attacking talents.

I'd be less against it if they ditched the sub Addams family crap at the end. Plus find a better line than the Portuguese wonderkid whom I assume to be Neves? As he's not a wonderkid that tag should be reserved for prodigious attacking talents.

It’s just a song, you’re over thinking it.

The guy next to me was definitely singing five. That explains why that line comes out as noise as it doesn't actually fit the tune.

I like barmy army.

Who is it that sings the song about 'we had a wheelbarrow, the wheel fell off' or whatever it is. That for some reason always cracked me up.

In terms of the Afobe chant surely it has to be it's magic you knowwwwww, Benik Afobe's back home after what he said in his interview.

that's a good shout, IMO.

Who is it that sings the song about 'we had a wheelbarrow, the wheel fell off' or whatever it is. That for some reason always cracked me up.

That was Notts County, fuck knows how that started.

Thinking about it probably when one of them had a wheelbarrow and the wheel fell off....

We gotta sing summat personally I'm so fed up with "once upon a time......." but still sing it anyway as for "Stevie Bulls a tatter......" may as well sing "Oh Johnny you're the greatest..." past player songs however great they were suck IMO
Jota Cav and Leo its magic....

One that gets me annoyed is "Jack Haywards barmy army"... I'm sorry but he's not owned the club since 2007 so how about showing some respect to Fosun for all the work they're doing for the club

One that gets me annoyed is "Jack Haywards barmy army"... I'm sorry but he's not owned the club since 2007 so how about showing some respect to Fosun for all the work they're doing for the club
Exactly mate

Does that chant annoy you mike? I hadn't noticed. :icon_lol:

Too many of you get annoyed by chants. :icon_lol:

I don't give a shit about the North/South Bank bullshit and I don't see the point of shouting 'We hate Albion' unless we're playing them, but otherwise, it's better than silence. I like the Nuno had a dream song.

And singing songs about Bully is great. The more the better.

Back