• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome back Benik Afobe

They'll be too busy singing that God awful "Nuno had a dream" chant to worry about it.

Not sure we needed to sign Afobe but it's another option up top, and Leo has been struggling (for goals anyway) of late. Mir and Bright have no real experience either so certainly not against it.

What's wrong with the Nuno had a dream chant?

If Afobe scores, we’re on the pitch!

Even if he does averagely, his signing has instantly brought a feel good factor amongst the fans in a time where things have been a little flat. Conversely, if we hadn’t have signed him the morale amongst fans would have, justified it not, dropped a little

Ivan Afobe Diogo. A test of how quick can you do the io bit

i5tu3jl0dne7l7nzlcba.jpg

(I'm not sure his middle name is Afobe though)

Costa Leo Diogo fits

Or you could start a new one completely

It was an itsy bitsty teeny weeny slide rule pass to bonatini that we saw from Afobe today

We could just ignore the cheesy chants altogether...

:run:

Oh what a night, early February in 2k 18, Alan sang a cheesy song for me

If Afobe scores, we’re on the pitch!

Even if he does averagely, his signing has instantly brought a feel good factor amongst the fans in a time where things have been a little flat. Conversely, if we hadn’t have signed him the morale amongst fans would have, justified it not, dropped a little

A little flat???

We are fucking romping the league!!!

A little flat???

In the crowd. Atmosphere been shit for weeks. Millwall was awful, and it’s been a very flat at home. Bristol was incredible but reports were Barnsley (even though there was 5k) and Ipswich were shit too.

A little flat???

Knocked out of the Cup and lost a game....END OF THE WORLD WAS NIGH.

Had a laugh reading Twitter last night as the over the top reactions to our deadline day started and then the Afobe deal was announced and they all looked like twats

What's wrong with the Nuno had a dream chant?

Half the people don't know the words, meaning the the part after football team comes out as garbled noise. We don't play 5 at the back, and we have Douglas, Doherty and Leo as part of our attack. Who all have very little pace, then the duh, duh bit at the end sounds positively cringe worthy.

It's nearly as bad as The Barry Douglas one, recycling an awful van la Parra chant which is completely inappropriate for a player who doesn't do particularly a lot of running down the wing.

Half the people don't know the words, meaning the the part after football team comes out as garbled noise. We don't play 5 at the back, and we have Douglas, Doherty and Leo as part of our attack. Who all have very little pace, then the duh, duh bit at the end sounds positively cringe worthy.

It's nearly as bad as The Barry Douglas one, recycling an awful van la Parra chant which is completely inappropriate for a player who doesn't do particularly a lot of running down the wing.

I'm glad it not just me then! Absolute shambles of a chant

Sounds terrible from the North Bank. Just sounds like a few hundred people mumbling, you can't make out anything.

Sounds terrible from the North Bank. Just sounds like a few hundred people mumbling, you can't make out anything.

I'm in the South Bank and the guy next to me sang it nonstop for ten minutes, and I'm still non the wiser what the second line actually is.

With Chinese owners and a wonderkid from Porto.

And it’s three at the back.

I like it, but there again I think the Barmy Army chant is the best crowd song ever.

I'm in the South Bank and the guy next to me sang it nonstop for ten minutes, and I'm still non the wiser what the second line actually is.

Nuno had a dream, to build a football team
Chinese owners and a wonder kid from Porto
5 at the back, the rest in attack
We're Wolverhampton, we're on our way back

Absolute bilge

Despite us having 3 at the back and wing backs but hey ho

With Chinese owners and a wonderkid from Porto.

And it’s three at the back.

I like it, but there again I think the Barmy Army chant is the best crowd song ever.

The guy next to me was definitely singing five. That explains why that line comes out as noise as it doesn't actually fit the tune.

I like barmy army.

Back