• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome back Benik Afobe

Hate the North Bank v South Bank rubbish now joined by the Steve Bull (who only ever sing "the Steve Bull" as far as I can tell from centre South Bank) We should all sing songs to support the current Wolves set up or against the opponents (or the ref obvs). I have always been SB even when NB was the noise. SB snobbery is rife.
But more important we should sing to lift our team.

We gotta sing summat personally I'm so fed up with "once upon a time......." but still sing it anyway as for "Stevie Bulls a tatter......" may as well sing "Oh Johnny you're the greatest..." past player songs however great they were suck IMO
Jota Cav and Leo its magic....

Why think you Stu glad to hear I'm held in such marvellous esteem.... Can't wait for Darlo's rendition.

Saw this posted on a Facebook group yesterday and I think it might have some legs. Of all the song suggestions I've seen/heard, this is one of the better ones anyway.

To the Steve Bull song.

Ohhhh...

Jeff Shi is a Wanderer
He loves the Gold and Black

We had our share of bad years
But Jeff Shi bought us back

He gave us Nuno Santo
And took us to the top

And when we're in the Premier
This song will never stop

Ohhhh...

It also has longevity because when we go up, simply change "when" to "now".

As Dwayne Johnson sings in Moana, you're welcome.

Ehhh needs to be Fosun not Jeff.

We gotta sing summat personally I'm so fed up with "once upon a time......." but still sing it anyway as for "Stevie Bulls a tatter......" may as well sing "Oh Johnny you're the greatest..." past player songs however great they were suck IMO
Jota Cav and Leo its magic....

Oi as a guy from the north bank in the 70's before the noisy end became the South Bank, I love once upon a time we have sung that since the 70's

And singing songs about Bully is great. The more the better.

Agreed.

I still chuckle every time I think of your story about Bully asking you to calm down in the executive box and ending up leading you all in louder renditions of Bully songs :icon_lol:

Agreed.

I still chuckle every time I think of your story about Bully asking you to calm down in the executive box and ending up leading you all in louder renditions of Bully songs :icon_lol:

That appeared on my Time Hop the other day :icon_lol:

What a day that was.

One that gets me annoyed is "Jack Haywards barmy army"... I'm sorry but he's not owned the club since 2007 so how about showing some respect to Fosun for all the work they're doing for the club

I totally agree with this.
Bonatini doesnt get enough songs for my liking either and its a name that can be sung with loads of chants.

One that gets me annoyed is "Jack Haywards barmy army"... I'm sorry but he's not owned the club since 2007 so how about showing some respect to Fosun for all the work they're doing for the club

Agreed but think the airing at Barnsley was worth it given it was or close to the anniversary. That aside I don't agree with it.

I'm a little late to the party here, but I said I'd be amazed if we signed Afobe, and I am a little surprised by it, thought it was all internet rumour nonsense. But if Nuno thinks he has something that will help us over the finish line I'm not going to disagree! In Nuno We Trust...

I have to say, that's a great interview from him. Can't fault his attitude as it seems spot on. Really looking forward to seeing how he integrates into the team now.

Back