• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The boy's played 106 minutes and 64 of them were at Swansea, which hardly anyone on here saw.

Give him a chance, it's not like he's some Nouble-style clown who obviously can't play football.

I don't buy the lack of engine argument for Ben Marshall. He's not Matt Le Tiss. As long as he trains properly I'm sure he'll be fine. Doc did it so why not Marshall

I really think Nuno is missing a trick here

I think his best position is now prob just in front of a fullback, however far forward. And I think he's prob annoyed Nuno cuz he knows he can really do some damage with the ball, but not in our system.

So Cardiff are getting two strikers by the looks of it, Norwich are getting one maybe two and Newcastle have had a bid accepted for a striker.

All 3 clubs have strikers we should be interested in, which would now potentially be available

Why should we be interested in any of them?

If Zahore if available we should get him. Doubt Cardiff would entertain the idea of selling to us though

Show a bit of patience for goodness sake - he's barely played!!

I didn't say he's a bad player, I'm happy we got him and hope he succeeds. I feel we need someone who can come in and make an immediate impact though

Zohore would but I'd have thought Cardiff are signing to complement not replace. Oliveira is more of the same as we already have in Leo and Mir. Gayle would need us to change our formation and style, wouldn't want to be a bench option and if we went up would need to be binned off as he's proven to not be good enough in the PL.

I didn't say he's a bad player, I'm happy we got him and hope he succeeds. I feel we need someone who can come in and make an immediate impact though

Proven Championship striker/ 20 goal a season man/ can do it on a rainy night up north/ knows how to score. Choose your horsehit cliche then have a look at how well you knew any of the players that are currently ripping this division to bits.

Then give your head a wobble.

Proven Championship striker/ 20 goal a season man/ can do it on a rainy night up north/ knows how to score. Choose your horsehit cliche then have a look at how well you knew any of the players that are currently ripping this division to bits.

Then give your head a wobble.

I don't think Mir has had the impact that Jota, Neves, Boly, Bonatini et al have had, and from what little I've seen so far he needs time to adjust and still looks a bit raw.

I hope I'm wrong and he does well, but given where we are in the season I'd want someone who has played at this or a higher level. If none of the strikers I talked about then another Mendes special would be fine

Mir has been involved in 4 games, 3 from the bench all of which we have failed to win. He hasn't had the opportunity to play in a team full of confidence like all the others you have mentioned have, therefore I think it's unfair to judge his impact in the same way as you would them. Bonatini hasn't scored for 7 weeks, if you were judging him over the same timeframe or an even longer one as you are with Mir you'd think he wasn't up to much.

Mir has been involved in 4 games, 3 from the bench all of which we have failed to win. He hasn't had the opportunity to play in a team full of confidence like all the others you have mentioned have, therefore I think it's unfair to judge his impact in the same way as you would them. Bonatini hasn't scored for 7 weeks, if you were judging him over the same timeframe or an even longer one as you are with Mir you'd think he wasn't up to much.

That's kinda why I think we need another striker. Bonatini needs a rest / break and Mir is still raw / learning. Why wouldn't we want someone in to help us out?

Like Paddy said yesterday. If we get an upgrade then that's fine and Zohore for example would be that, but don't see a lot of point in just signing bodies for the sake of it. As for signing Gayle, we may as well have kept Dicko around as he was as uncomfortable in our formation as Gayle would be.

We have scored 50 goals. We need as much help as Casanova in a pulling contest.

I think we need someone else too.

Leo hasn't scored in ages, and doesn't even look like doing so at the minute. And Mir still looks very raw and a bit of a Leo clone anyway.

Gayle or Oliveira would do me nicely. Zohore would be too expensive IMO.

My first impressions is that Mir won’t be good enough. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back