• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter Transfer Thread (And Summer Free Transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can, just not until he's had four or five matches to get into shape.

Moot anyway now he's at Sunderland.

No he can’t. He might be able to run to an extent where he can play RW. The running requirements are not the same for a RWB. Doesn’t have the engine and never will have.

No he can’t. He might be able to run to an extent where he can play RW. The running requirements are not the same for a RWB. Doesn’t have the engine and never will have.

I'd bet my house that if you asked 100 of us about Doherty playing RWB this summer, 99 would have said this about him, to the letter.

I'd bet my house that if you asked 100 of us about Doherty playing RWB this summer, 99 would have said this about him, to the letter.

As has been mentioned, more laziness and attitude with him! He was always keen to still try and charge forward.

No, we'd have said he was too lazy and overweight. Marshall runs like a geriatric, Doherty just couldn't be arsed.

He can, just not until he's had four or five matches to get into shape.

Moot anyway now he's at Sunderland.
Still with us isn't he. Haven't seen anything official on him leaving. Timmy II even stated we are looking to sell rather than loan yesterday...oh and he can get in all the shape he wants, he has the same speed ability as Bennett.

Nah - we always knew that Doc could run. Loads. It was his utter and complete inability to track back that made him a mare. In his new position that is less problematic and so he is doing pretty damn well.

Nope. In fact most were saying he would be suited to a wing back role rather than a standard FB.

Although that was more to him being crap at defending and a bit better going forward.

No, Marshall hasn't gone yet. Sunderland can't afford what we'd ask for him. If he's gone nowhere by Jan 31st then I suppose he might go there on loan.

It's certainly not the sentiment I remember about Doherty back then but hey ho, not really that big a deal. Neither he nor Marshall are going to be key cogs for us very soon, I'd bet.

It's certainly not the sentiment I remember about Doherty back then but hey ho, not really that big a deal. Neither he nor Marshall are going to be key cogs for us very soon, I'd bet.

I think most people just wanted rid of him as he was a fat shit who had been perpetually awful for years, and moreover no-one saw us actually moving to playing with wingbacks any time soon.

He still isn't very good, but he does try and he has lost the spare tyre. So er, thanks Matt for doing the bare minimum.

To be fair there have been moments this season when he has been involved in some truly gorgeous attacking moves.

To be fair there have been moments this season when he has been involved in some truly gorgeous attacking moves.
I agree and the Reading goal is a great example of that but for some reason that "give and go" to the byline seems to have disappeared, I'm sure it will return tho.

I don't buy the lack of engine argument for Ben Marshall. He's not Matt Le Tiss. As long as he trains properly I'm sure he'll be fine. Doc did it so why not Marshall

I really think Nuno is missing a trick here

So Cardiff are getting two strikers by the looks of it, Norwich are getting one maybe two and Newcastle have had a bid accepted for a striker.

All 3 clubs have strikers we should be interested in, which would now potentially be available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back